22

A knock on the door and her phone ringing startled Ben and Miranda awake. Weeks had passed since they rekindled their relationship. It was refreshing to have a relationship out in the open instead of sneaking around and cheating. Ben was sure Miranda was the one for him. He wanted to marry her but he knew she was still apprehensive about how their relationship looked. Word quickly spread that Ben left his fiancée for her and she heard the whispers around the hospital. She was marked a man stealer. Ben told her not to worry about it but how could she ignore the stares she got at work?

Ben also was met with stares and whispers at work but he didn't let that bother him. He had the woman he loved and he didn't care, what anyone thought. To show her how serious he was about her, he asked her to move in, and to his surprise, she was not very enthusiastic about it. However, his charm won her over to the idea slowly. He understood that this was scary for her. So he wanted to show her that he wasn't going anywhere. He was there for her and Tuck. So they reached a compromise. Which was working for them.

"Ben that's Tucker" She groaned trying to get his arm off her so she could get up.

"What does he want" Ben mumbled

"He's dropping off Tuck"

"Ughhh" He groaned and rolled over "he always does this. He knows he's supposed to call before he gets here not while he's at the door"

"We have to get up for work anyway" She tapped him

"You're right" He got up " I need to shower" He smirked reminiscing about their date night last night

"Hey, I wanted dinner and dancing and come home and go to bed. You decided to spend the night and do things other than sleep"

"I was trying to bribe you into considering my offer" He chuckled

"Mhmm" She nodded and walked away " I put my toothbrush in your apartment"

"Wow, I'm honored. Next, I may get the privilege of your slippers being there" He joked
She walked out of the bedroom and went to the front door.

"Hello Tucker" She greeted him "Hey little man" She hugged Tuck

"I meant to call before but I got sidetracked getting his stuff together and then I just rushed out"

"Yeah I heard it all Tucker" She waved him off "Tuck go put your stuff in your room"

"Okay Mommy" He ran inside

"Okay, have a good day" She nodded about to close the door

"You have work" He suddenly asked

"Indeed" She replied wondering why he was prolonging his stay at her door.

"Baby, you better get ready too" Ben walked out unaware Tucker was still there. He heard Tuck in his room and assumed Tucker had left.

"Baby" Tucker raised his eyebrow

"Oh Tucker didn't know you were still here" Ben glanced over at him

"Why are you here" Tucker gritted

"Nope, you're not doing that because you knew we were dating" Miranda interjected

"I didn't believe it. I mean you actually have this man around my son. This man who took advantage of you"

"Who took advantage" Ben walked over

"You did. She was vulnerable and you waltzed your way in and destroyed our marriage"

"Is that what I did" Ben chuckled in disbelief

"Now what? You're going to use her until you're bored and move on to the next single mother willing to sleep with you"