11

Weeks went by of them not talking talking. Ben would steal glances at her in the hallway and she would pretend he didn't exist. It was what she had to do for her family. She found herself sad for the loss of Ben though.

"Why the sad face" Callie walked over to her

"You ever want more from life" She asked her

"Don't we all?" She asked

"What if that more you are looking for, is something you can't have"

"Ben" Callie asked

"Callie" Miranda groaned

"What I mean you're walking around looking like a kicked puppy. He hasn't stopped by to check on you like he normally had been doing. I'm just saying"

"Ben has his life and I have mine" She shrugged

They both stood there staring at the board.

"You did say you were bored of general" Callie mentioned

"Shh. Richard might hear" Miranda nudged her

"oh sorry" Callie chuckled " Have you considered another.. ya know" Callie looked around and leaned in closer " Specialty" She whispered

"Scrubbing in with Sloan" She nodded

"Hmm you don't strike me as a plastics gal" Callie shook her head

"Anything new I'll jump on" She shrugged

"Like your neighbor" Callie suggested

"What" Miranda looked at her

"You wouldn't be looking so sad if it was just my friend and I drifted apart situation. You two slept together" Callie gave her a knowing look. Miranda sighed and didn't say anything.

"It'll be okay" Callie gave her a pat on the shoulder " Enjoy your day in plastics"

Ben also spent time to mourn the loss of the love between him and Miranda. He hated the things he said to her. He didn't think she ruined his life. He wasn't sure why he said that to her. He was the one who crossed the line with her. First at the hospital and then the night they slept together. He wanted her, but she wanted her family to stay together much to his dismay. After taking the time to get over Miranda or at least tell himself he was getting over her, he went to get Katrina back. He wasn't going to admit to anything but he was going to apologize for being distant.

He arrived at her sister's place and knocked on the door. He adjusted his collar and placed the flowers he had bought in front of him. Her sister opened the door and rolled her eyes upon seeing him

"What Ben"

"I need to talk with Katrina"

"No" She crossed her arms " Go be with your little whore"

"I don't have a little whore" Ben sighed " Let me just talk to her"

She sighed and stepped aside so Ben could come in. Katrina was sitting on the couch and stared at him

"Flowers won't win me back, Ben"

"I know" He looked at the flowers " But I felt like I needed to bring something"

"Unless you've learned your lesson and have changed your ways "She began to speak but he held up his hand

"I cut her out of my life. She is gone. You were right. The lines between friendship and a relationship were blurred and I should have never let her get that close to me. I returned everything she's given me and we will no longer talk to each other. Baby I want you not her" Ben's chest ached. The truth is he did want Katrina but if Miranda called him and said she was drugged and actually never agreed to stay with Tucker he would run to her at that very moment. But he needed to face facts. She was staying with her husband. She didn't want him the same way he had become to want her.