14

Ben fell back on the bed in a huff. Both his and Miranda's chests heaved up and down, trying to regain their normal rhythm of breathing.

"We really can't keep doing this" Miranda sighed staring up at the ceiling

"To quote Hamilton. We said that last time, it became a past time" Ben chuckled trying not to let their reality ruin this moment between them. They just finished making love and he wanted to relish in the after-effects of their climaxes.

"This isn't funny Ben" Miranda looked at him "This has to stop. I am not going to be the other woman"

"Baby, you aren't"

"Where does she think you are right now" She asked

"Really" Ben groaned

"Exactly. I am the other woman. You said you were going to break up with her and yet you haven't"

"I know and I am"

"Wouldn't matter. I'm sleeping with you and I know you're engaged. I've become one of those women"

"Baby" He sighed

"Tucker is going to be dropping off Tuck. I know you said you wanted to see him again" She changed the subject. Miranda looked everywhere but at Ben. She couldn't face him. After the on-call room and despite both of their "morals" they started an affair. It had been going on for months behind Katrina's back. He would come over to her place or they would have sex right in the hospital. Miranda never considered herself to be that kind of woman but it was fun and exciting and having been married for her entire young adult life she found she never had that wild sexual phase.

"Man that kid sprouted right up didn't he" Ben chuckled avoiding the deeper conversation Miranda wanted to have.  "Hard to imagine it's been years since I first held him that night"

"Really"

"What?" He questioned

"This is so wrong" She got out of bed

"Baby" He sat up

"No, Katrina is your baby. I am just sex to you" She walked into the bathroom

Ben sighed and shook his head. His wedding was coming up. He just couldn't break up with Katrina. He felt horrible about the whole affair but he was in love with both women. He heard the shower running and he laid back on the pillows. He had a decision to make. A decision that he's known he's had to make for years now but how could he look Katrina in her eyes and tell her that the years they spent together were all going down the drain because he is a cheater? And a happy cheater at that.

Miranda came out of the shower and looked at Ben.

"I don't understand you Benjamin" She shook her head getting dressed

"I'm getting married soon"

"You going through with the wedding" She asked him

"I feel like I have to"

"Well then you do what you have to do" She shrugged " Just end us"

"I don't want to"

"I'm not going to keep having an affair with you"

"I know" He got up and walked over to her "I don't want to hurt either of you"

"You want to have your cake and eat it too. Well Benjamin that's not going to happen. I am going to move on if you decide to marry her"

"It's mine though. You say it a lot during sex" He smirked

"Not if you're marrying her. Now if you stay with me" She trailed off