6

A week had gone by and Miranda updated Ben on Tuck every day and Ben made it a point to check on her as well. He knew she would be so wrapped up in caring for him that shouldn't care for herself. Especially since Ben knew she still felt so guilty. So he took it upon himself as his duty as her best friend to check on her well-being. He would drop by the hospital and bring her food. He would sit with them for hours and he would call almost daily. Much to the disdain of Tucker.

Tucker didn't like the fact that Ben was at the hospital. He didn't like the fact that his son seemed to be well acquainted with him meaning Miranda had Tuck around him. While Tucker suspected his wife of having some extramarital affair of some sort with Ben he was the one going on dates and had other women in his phone. They loved the single dad story he was selling them. And he laid it on thick painting Miranda as the villain each and every time.

Katrina was also suspicious of Ben and Miranda. More so suspicious of Miranda being around Ben. She knew Ben but she didn't know what to think of this so-called married woman who was always sniffing around her fiancé. But she was going to keep calm and just plan her wedding cause no matter how much sniffing Miranda did around her man. She was the one walking down the aisle to him.

"Hey Miranda" Ben smiled seeing her in the hall "Look at him, hey Tuck"

"He was discharged today. His incision is healing nicely. No fevers. No infections. But he will be lethargic still and he is slightly irritable so I apologize to you and Katrina now. He may cry more often"

"Don't apologize. I'm going to be so grateful to hear his cry because that means his lungs are working and he is strong" Ben rubbed Tuck's head.

"Well I better get him inside and lay him down" She put her key in the door

"I'm cooking tonight. I'll bring you some so you don't have to worry. You taking more time off to be with him" He asked

"I want to but my OR hours. Am I selfish for thinking about the OR while my baby heals" She sighed

"Selfish is sleeping somewhere else while your baby heals" He shrugged "If you need me to help I'm here"

"Thank you Ben" She smiled

"Of course. And I hope you like pasta 'cause I'm bringing some by" He hugged her and kept walking. He just hated how her husband treated her. She deserved better than that loser. He married a woman who he knew had big dreams and the ambition to go after them. Now he wants to get mad that she was chasing those dreams. He shook his head trying to get thoughts of Miranda's marriage out of his head and focus on his own. They were cake-tasting today. He got in his car and drove to the bakery. When he walked in Katrina was already seated anxiously anticipating his arrival.

"Hey baby" She kissed his cheek

"Don't know what looks better, the cake or my future bride" Ben smiled

"Oh you" She laughed rubbing his arm "I told you girl this just is such a flirt. The poor fool can't even help it sometimes. Sometimes gives people the wrong idea. But I am so glad I'm marrying him" She turned to their wedding planner who was also her maid of honor. Her sister Rita. Now the first thing Ben noted when he met Katrina and Rita was both their names were hurricanes. And those names were fitting once he got to know them. They had big personalities that were amplified whenever they were around each other.

"Well he better not be flirting with anyone but my sister" Rita rolled her eyes

"Can we just taste some cake huh" Ben clapped his hands

"Okay so this one is lemon" Katrina took a forkful of cake and fed Ben

"Okay that's pretty tasty, do you want a lemon wedding cake" He asked her