3

As time progressed a beautiful friendship blossomed between Ben and Miranda. They would ensure to speak whenever they saw each other in the hallway. They would send good morning texts and good night texts. They enjoyed their medical talks and their non-medical talks. They pretty much enjoyed every aspect of being around each other. Bailey's new mood was noticed around work. While she was still grappling with the feelings about her failing marriage she also was happy to have found a friend in Ben. And he was happy to have a friend in her. However there was a relationship in Ben's life that was more important than his new friendship with Miranda.

"Hey beautiful" Ben smiled at his fiancée. He stopped by her job so they could have lunch together. Dr. Katrina Brown, a cardio fellow at Seattle Pres

"I am so ready for a turkey wrap" She smiled

"That's all you can say to me" He raised an eyebrow

"Sorry baby" She gave him a peck on the lips "Hey handsome"

"That's better" He smiled

"I'm just so hungry" She groaned "I think I had a box of raisins for breakfast"

"Well let's get you to that Turkey Wrap" He took her hand in his and they walked to the cafeteria

"You know we don't always have to do lunch at the hospital" She laughed

"Are you kidding, the last time I came you barely got a sip of water before you had to run off" He laughed "I am perfectly fine eating food with you right here"

They each got a wrap and sat down to eat.

"So what's up in your world" She asked taking a bite of her wrap

"Well" He started to answer her when her pager went off "And there you go"

"Sorry" She took another bite of her food " Love you" She ran off

He decided to pack up and swing by Seattle Grace to say hello to Miranda before heading back to work. He drove to the hospital eating his wrap since he didn't finish his food. He got out wrap still in hand and went to go find Miranda.

"My stars, Miranda Bailey" He smiled walking up on her in the hallway "You know anyone can just wander these halls" He laughed

"Ben what are you doing here" She asked him

"I was out and decided to swing by" He smiled

"What kind of wrap is that" She asked

"Crispy Chicken" He offered to her "Bite it"

She bit the wrap and nodded "Taste like hospital food" She laughed

"Yeah well what else a doctor going to eat" He shrugged "You eat today"

"Does that bite of your wrap count"

"Miranda Bailey, you go eat" He shook his head "I mean it"

"Are you my dad?, Ben Warren"

"Will that make you go eat"

"I will right after my next surgery"

"What you got" He asked

"Scrubbing in with Webber"

"So he believes your fit to do medicine after all" He laughed recalling what Miranda told him "You should probably eat before that surgery then"

"Yeah maybe" She took the rest of the wrap out of his hand "Thanks"

"I got some chips with it in my car want those too" He asked.

"You can have those" She laughed

"So kind" He checked his watch "Well I gotta head on back to my job now. And get myself some lunch because someone ate mine" He was just going to eat the rest of Katrina's wrap when he got in the car.