12

Eventually Ben and Katrina moved out. He and Miranda made eye contact as he was taking the last box of out his place. She was standing in the hallway with Tuck. She wanted to tell him to stay and not to move. She and Tucker were done. She decided to divorce him. But Ben was back with Katrina now. She nearly ruined his relationship once and she wasn't about to do it again. So she just watched him leave.

Life went on as normal for them. Officially Ben's wedding was back on and neither of them ever really thinking about the other. Until one day it was announced Mercy West and Seattle Grace were merging. And then Ben thought about a name and face he hadn't thought about in a while. Miranda Bailey. She would be an attending by now or if she actually took the peds fellowship she'd be a fellow. He thought about her walking around running general or if she was enjoying her time in peds under the head pediatric surgeon. They would likely have to spend time in an OR together. He wasn't sure if he was ready for that again. It was easy to forget about her when she wasn't in her life but he wasn't sure he could resist the temptation with her right there in the hospital.

"Your hospital is merging with hers" Katrina looked at Ben in disbelief

"Yep, it's a budget thing" He shrugged

"So you'll be working with her," Katrina asked

"In the same hospital yeah" He nodded "Katrina I don't feel like doing this"

"I'm just saying maybe you should come to work at my hospital"

"Why afraid I'll tiptoe off to an on-call room with her or something? I cut her out of my life Trina. You know one of her students died. I could have been there comforting her. But no, I made a promise to you that she meant nothing to me and I meant it. So stop treating me like this" He walked out of the bedroom and poured himself some whiskey in the kitchen

"I'm sorry" She crept up behind him kissing on his neck

"Trina" He sighed

"I'm sorry baby" She rubbed on his back

"I just want you to stop treating me like I have done something wrong" He snapped

"Why are you snapping at me" She asked

"Because I am tired and the place where I work was bought by another hospital and I don't actually know if I'll have a job in the future and now my fiancée is picking some bullshit fight over a woman that I haven't even thought about in what like a year" He sighed

"No Ben, you don't get to do this" She shook her head "You know why I'm like this"

"I have apologized about her. For hiding things from you. I have shown you that she and I are not friends anymore. You see her in the hallway when I walk by she acts as if I am not even around but you keep questioning me and questioning me. Who am I marrying?"

"Ben"

"Who am I marrying" He asked again

"Me"

"You" He finished his drink and went to bed. Katrina laid in bed next to him. He pulled her closer to him and mumbled into her neck " I love you"

"I love you too" She sighed. He fell asleep holding her and she stared at him. This was not her Ben. He had a short fuse with her only regarding Miranda. Sleep eventually found her but she quickly was awakened by Ben's alarm. Meaning she had spent all night thinking about Ben and Miranda. He got up, showered, and got dressed for work.

"I'll see you after work" He kissed her and left the apartment. As he was leaving their driveway he thought about what he would do if he did come across Miranda at work