8

Bailey walked up to the nurse's station on the phone with Tucker. He moved back in and they were attempting to fix their marriage. However, even fixing their marriage was an argument.

"No, no, Tucker. I did not say I won't do the marriage counseling." Miranda sighed into the phone
"I'm saying I can't do it in the mornings again. I'm now 20 minutes late for work. O-okay. I'll see you tonight. Marriage counseling..."

Derek walked up to her "How's that going?" He asked

"You just heard us arguing about the marriage counseling. How do you think it's going?" She scoffed

Shepard yawned and Bailey was not a fan of that. They had an important surgery today and here this man is yawning. She got sent home for wearing different shoes but he's yawning.

"No. You're doing a craniotomy on my patient Rosemary Bullard today. Now are you gonna be awake for that, or will you be yawning into her brain?" She admonished him

"Meredith kept me up most of the night" He replied

She felt sorry for even noticing the yawn "I don't want to hear about your dirty, nasty..."

He interrupted her before she could finish her thought "Talking on the phone with Cristina"

"And they stole your sleep? Did you say Yang goes or I go" She asked

"I don't think I'd win that one. Those two come as a set. You should know that by now"

Miranda thought about her residents. She hated that she knew anything about their personal lives but unfortunately, she did " Before she had Burke. Burke helped"

"True. I think counseling is a good move. Addison and I did counseling" He nodded

She looked at him and took his words in "Right before you got divorced"
As the day went on the residents buzzed about solo surgeries and Miranda thought about her marriage. They were at least communicating now. It was still in the form of arguments but they were talking. He was sleeping in their apartment. Just not in their bed.

Ben had noticed Miranda had distanced herself from him again. He was worried about their friendship. He wasn't sure if he had done something or if maybe Katrina said something to her. But then he thought about how Miranda was in her final year of residency she may just be busy. Since he hadn't seen his friend he decided to stop by the hospital and see about her.

Callie noticed him and walked up to him

"What's going on with you and Bailey" She asked

"What do you mean" He asked

"I mean. You show up here for her more than her husband does"

"Well how do you know I am here for her"

"Because I don't think you know anyone else in here" She laughed

"Yeah I want to check on her" He nodded "Hadn't heard from her"

"Well she's been busy between work and marriage stuff"

"Yeah they're working things out or something" Ben shoved his hands in his pocket

"You're jealous" She laughed

"I am not, I'm getting married too" He shrugged

"Yeah, but you have developed feelings for a certain short, brown-eyed doctor" She laughed

Ben didn't laugh and just looked at her unsure of what to say. Callie acknowledged the look and nodded. "I'll drop it"

"Just let her know I stopped by. I have to go." He looked at his watch and walked out of the hospital. He got in his car and drove to his hospital. He was angry. Mainly at himself. How had he let this happen? He was engaged to Katrina, a woman he loved deeply and had planned to spend the rest of his life with. But somehow under the cover of being friends feelings for Miranda managed to creep into his heart.