Chapter 8

SAMUEL POV

I sat with my brother Lance, and he's talking, but it's Brooke this, Brooke that, and it's pissing me off to the point where I no longer want to be near her. Or could it be all my pent-up sexual frustration that's clouding my judgement?

That damn woman is haunting me in my sleep, and I can't take it anymore. I need to figure out a way to address these feelings before they consume me. Maybe I should talk to someone about this before it gets out of hand.

But the last time I opened up to my brother Lance was when I slept with Brooke five years ago, and he hasn't let me live it down since. I need to find someone else to confide in who won't judge me for my past mistakes.

Damn it.

The thing is, if I speak to someone, they might also criticise me for what I've done in the past, and I can't handle that right now, not when I have to be focused on the fucking movie. Even that's becoming a challenge with my co-star fucking up the lines all the goddamn time. I don't need any more distractions.

Despite all this, Lance is the only one I can trust because he's my brother and knows me better than anyone else. He's the only one who truly understands me and doesn't hold my past against me. Lance has always been there for me, supporting me through thick and thin, and I know I can always count on him to be there when I need him the most.

"So, what's with the face?" Lance nods at me as my eyes widen in surprise, wondering how he knew what was going on in my head. But Lance could always get me to talk with his soft demeanour. and comforting presence, making it easy for me to open up to him. That's what a brother does.

"A certain someone." My voice was low and hesitant, not wanting to reveal too much. "But I know I can trust you with anything," I finally admit, feeling a weight lifted off my shoulders as I confide in Lance. His reassuring smile tells me that he's ready to listen and offer his support, just like he always does.

"So, Brooke's got you all flustered with her latest stunt, huh?" Lance pauses for a second, then continues, "Samuel, I'm going to tell you something, and I need you to listen carefully." I nodded as I sat forward, ready to hear what Lance had to say. "I've noticed the chemistry between you and Brooke, and I think it's time you made a move. I think she likes you too." I rested back in the chair with a loud sigh at what Lance said, which was causing me to overthink the situation even more.

"I don't know. Lance. It sounds too outrageous, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that kind of risk." I sucked in a noticeable breath. "I thought I fucked up my life five years ago when I slept with Brooke, but I think this might be an even bigger mistake." I glanced down at my hands and tried to steady my racing heart.

"Come on, Samuel. What have you got to lose?"

I could feel Lance's eyes boring into me, waiting for an answer. "I just don't know if I can handle the consequences if this goes wrong," I finally admitted, feeling the weight of the decision pressing down on me. "But then again, maybe it's worth taking the risk."

Lance nodded understandingly, his expression softening. "I'll support you no matter what you decide," he said quietly, offering me a reassuring smile. With a deep breath, I made up my mind and took a leap of faith, ready to face whatever came next.

My nerves are tingling at the thought of Brooke's rejection. I knew I had to be brave and face my fears head-on, no matter the outcome. Lance's unwavering support gave me the courage to confront Brooke and finally find closure.

This game Brooke and I have been playing since she was six years old and I was eight needs to come to an end before we ruin what we have.

But what do we have?