The void tea party

Start from the beginning

            The void. And endless dark expanse that was under the whole world that everyone resided in. As far as anyone knew, it went on forever. Not that anyone could tell, because once you fell into the void, the void would start eating away at you and you would die a painful death. And even if the void don't consume your soul, you would inevitably starve to death from the lack of food.

           And that was where they were planning to tag Lizzie. They were sure it was perfectly fine because Lizzie would respawn and then they'd give her a nice box of gifts and she definitely wouldn't be mad at them at all, right? 

           So the two of them continued to dig down through the weird hole that Lizzie already had in her kitchen until they hit bedrock. Both were quite relieved that it didn't actually take that long. Lizzie's hole had already gone pretty far down, and their pickaxes hadn't broken while they deepened it. 

           They stared for a second, disbelieving, at the thick gray rock that lay under their feet. "We reached bedrock!" Jimena cheered, dropping her tools. "Now we just have to break through to the void," Grian said. "How are we going to do that again?" Jimena asked. "From what False told me, there are special machines for this." "Yeah," Grian said. Jimena looked at him. "So..." She said, "Where's ours?" 

           "Our what?" 

           "Our machine. To blow up the bedrock." 

           "Uh..."

           "We don't have one, do we?"

           "Nope."

           "Grian!" 

           "I didn't think we would reach bedrock so soon!"

           "We were planning to finish this today!" 

           "I figured we would finish it tomorrow!"

           "But we didn't."

           "Because I didn't think Lizzie would have a hole in her kitchen floor!"

           "Why does she have one anyway?"

           "I have no idea."

           They paused, thinking. "Where can we get one of those machines?" Jimena asked. "Doc, probably," Grian said, sighing. "Or maybe fWhip. But not us." Jimena looked around their hole. "I don't think we can fit one in here anyway." 

           "We can, it's just big enough."

           "But there's no room for us to be safe."

           "The tnt is positioned to not hurt the machine or us,"

           "It's not the tnt I'm worried about, it's the void. We'll fall in the hole the machine makes." 

           "Watchers can survive in the void. It's where they used to live a long time ago." 

           "Oh." Jimena looked at her hand for a second. "Do you think my Watcher magic can break the bedrock?" Grian thought for a second. "Yeah, they can," He conceded. "1 and 2 used it for a lot of stuff back in my old world." Jimena glanced at her hand again before summoning a spark of purple and then aiming to blast it at the floor. A violet beam shot out and then vanished as it hit the near-unbreakable stone. Not a single crack appeared. 

           "Focus more," Grian advised. Jimena comically scrunched her eyes shut and then tried again. This time the bedrock layer cracked a little. "You're doing it!" Grian said edifyingly, and Jimena did it again. And again. And again. And again; each try stronger than the last. At her fifth try, the stone crumbled beneath their feet and they fell into the dark expanse of the void.