Chapter 65 - Birth of the First Spirit

Start from the beginning

“……That’s right.” Hearing the clone’s words, Kurumi let out a distressed expression.

Fighting to keep Lucas alive was the prerequisite to continue. But in the case of eating Lucas—

Then.

“……You seem to be in distress.”

“……!?”

At that moment, a voice other than the clone resounded in the darkness of the night. Kurumi nearly choked on her breath in the process.

Was it high or low, a man or a woman? It was impossible to tell from this strange voice.

It was a voice that Kurumi remembered. She immediately gave the command for her clones to begin as two old-style guns emerged from the shadows.

“……Oh, it doesn’t seem like I’m much welcomed here. I’m only here to give advice.”

It was impossible to distinguish the figure of the person from the sound of the voice.

While unknowingly standing on the corner of the roof, the shadow of a figure covered in mosaics. The image resolution of that person’s existence remained very vague. Surely, there was someone there, but it was impossible to tell what was there.

Yes, it was the Spirit that Shidou and the others called Phantom.

But--- even with the weird mosaic cover, Kurumi knew who this was. The person who started this Nightmare for Kurumi. The one who made her kill. The one who turned the peaceful Kurumi into a killing monster. A partner of Justic.

But right now Phantom was no longer a partner to Kurumi.

No, certainly—it was an enemy.

“……Welcome? Me for you? Please temporarily leave the jokes aside.”

As Kurumi cast a sharp gaze with her eyes, a few seconds later, Phantom gave out a sigh as if having guessed everything.

“……Oh, I see. You already know? Then there is no way around it. It's a pity, but it was true that I wanted to give advice though.” After saying that, Phantom made a slight movement forward.

“Did you think you could escape……!?”

Accompanied by Kurumi’s voice, all of the clones pulled the trigger together to fire a shower of bullets.

An endless number of black bullets rushed through the darkness at night and attacked Phantom.

“—”

Phantom jumped to the sky, to avoid the bullets from the clones.

But that was within Kurumi’s wishes. In order to provide an opening for Phantom to escape, she didn’t want any of the clone to aim for above.

“Zafkiel---Zayin!” Kurumi roared as she pulled the trigger.

Absolutely invincible, the Seventh Bullet Zayin, the shot which could stop time itself had pierced Phantom.
At that moment, the mosaic pattern stopped in the air perfectly.

We!” The next moment, the clones aligned their muzzles upward and fired their rounds.

Poor Phantom could not even speak while being showered in a hail of over 100 bullets.

...Or so it seemed like that.

“……Good grief, you caught me off guard.”

“Wh—”

As a result of the voice coming in front of her, Kurumi unintentionally knitted her brows. There was a massive clump of mosaic still in the sky. But the voice came from directly beneath the chunk.