Chapter 64 - Bitter-Sweet Valentine

Start from the beginning

“……Hmm?”

Reaching the school entrance, Lucas stared with dumbfounded eyes.

That was because the Yamai sisters were standing in front of the left and right sides of the gate, like Kongourikishi waiting for them.

“Kaguya and Yuzuru?"

“You’ve arrived, Lucas! Kuku, my golden crucifix arises here!”

“Presentation. I was waiting, please accept this.”

Kaguya and Yuzuru quickly obstructed Lucas' words by handing over a box. The students who were walking around seemed to have immediately recognized the meaning of this action from today's date. Faced with such a dignified and generous way of giving chocolate, there was sporadic applause coming from the surroundings.

“Oh, oh……Thank you. But there’s no need to give it here.”

“Kuku, what did you say? By going to the same school, we would be fools to let go of this advantage.”

“Assent. By showing this in front of everyone, there is also a point of deterrence against enemies.” The Yamai Sisters were full of self-confidence as they finished speaking, turning their bodies around just like a tornado.

“The purpose has been achieved! Farewell!”

“Commentary. Although, I wanted to show off, it was embarrassing to hand it in front of everyone after all, so I want to leave as soon as possible. That’s what Kaguya said.”

“I have said no such thing!?” Kaguya raised a screaming voice as she left to chase after Yuzuru, who ran earlier to escape into the school building.

Incidentally, after confirming, Kaguya’s chocolate was cross-shaped and decorated with gold leaves. Meanwhile Kaguya’s chocolate was decorated with Alasan confectionary beads that gave it a brilliant silver hue.

“As usual, those two resemble a passing storm……”

Lucas felt a drop of sweat fall down as he spoke, and then he brought his newly received chocolate into the school building.

But—after entering the classroom, Lucas felt his eyes once again stare in open bafflement.

“What……”

However, Lucas' reaction was a matter of course. Everyone would display a similar reaction if a statue of an Angel appeared on top of their desks.

Upon a closer inspection, he found that the statue was entirely made out of chocolate. Seeing such exquisite craftsmanship skills, Lucas inadvertently felt perspiration from his forehead.

Despite having said that, the culprit was obvious.

“……Origami.”

“What?”

As Lucas called that name frantically, there was an immediate reply, since the culprit was sitting in the seat left of him.

Yes, the face of the statute, from whichever point of view, looked identical to Origami.

“What is that……That’s…… amazing.....Thank you.”

“I’m glad.”

As a result of not being able to find the words to speak after being given a straightforward impression, Origami slowly loosened her mouth while blushing.

“I cannot eat it right now, so it’d be appreciated if I could save it…”

“I made a blunder.” As Origami finished, she took out a plastic cover to wrap around the chocolate. In less than a minute, the chocolate was packaged by the beautiful girl’s hand.