Need to stay away

Start from the beginning

"Easy there, My Queen," He chuckled, wrapping his arms around her and hugging her back. Y/n's tummy tingled when he called her that. His chuckle slowly died down, a sigh of exhaustion left past his lips as he closed his eyes to feel her.

"Where were you? Do you know how worried I was?" She asked with a frown, voice muffled against his arm that was brushing against her nose. He smiled to hear her without opening his eyes

"Why were you worried?" He questioned back.

"What do you mean why? You said you'll come soon. Whole day passed, and you're showing up now. Plus, that incident. How can I not be worried, Taehyung?" She felt him sigh while he tightened his arms around her, resting his face over her head, his lips pressing against her hair. Y/n frowned when he didn't reply, and she tried to break free when,

"Umhm. Stay like this." She heard him mumbling against her hair, and her heart halted at how slow his voice sounded. He pressed a soft kiss on her hair and then pressed his cheek against her head. She firmed her grip around him, staying in his arms just as he wanted. His warmth surrounded her whole, and the familiar scent of his musky colonge filled her senses, giving her calmness as she also closed her eyes.

After a couple of minutes of serene silence, Taehyung tightened his hold, squeezing her a bit before he pulled back. Y/n looked up at him while he gave her a gentle smile, but it only increased her worry cause she didn't fail to notice how his face was looking very tired. Even his smile was unable to reach his eyes.

"What happened? Who were they and why were they shouti -

"No one important." He cut her off.

"And I don't wanna talk about that Y/n." He said. There was a slight edge to his tone as she watched his features turning expressionless at the mention. He pursed his lips. She didn't say anything, just watched his gaze dropping at the small space between them before he looked back at her and smiled.

"I told you I had a meeting. It just proceeded quite long and argumentative. That's why I'm just a bit tired."

"But your phon -

"I was in meeting Y/n," He stressed, shutting her right away, and she understood that he did not want to talk anymore about it. She stared for a few seconds and then just gently nodded, making him smile as he reached out to brush her hair from her face.

"Did you eat?" She asked as he caressed her cheek with his thumb, cupping the side of her face. His features softened as he stared at the action while replying.

"Hmm. I had lunch with my clients. Did you?"

"Yes,"
Taehyung stopped his movements and met her eyes. He gave her a cold stare and said,

"Don't lie to me,"

"I can say the same,"

His expressions stirred as he didn't expect her to counter back so quickly. He gaped at her blank expressions for moments before a chuckled slipped from his mouth while he shook his head a bit, but she just stared at him, studying his face. Even that sound wasn't sounding genuine. He bent a little to match her level and bumped his nose with hers playfully.

"You're my perfect match, You know that," He said, eyes flickering with admiration and this time, she failed to hold back the smile at those words.

"I know," She whispered. And now, his eyes were smiling.

He let his eyes linger on her face for a moment. His gaze stopped at her luscious cherry lips as he tilted his head, palm wrapping around her nape, bringing her face closer, and then pressed his lips over hers. She reciprocated instantly clutching the front of his shirt. They shared an unhurried, gentle, and affectionate kiss.