311 - 320

Chapter 311

Olivia enthusiastically invited Xiao Qi for lunch.

The meal was provided by this ancient Siheyuan courtyard, with traditional Capital City dim sum food.

At the meal, it seemed like Coach and Olivia's current husband were fighting like gamecocks, trying to outdo each other.

Even drinking soy milk became a competition... Watching them unaccustomedly drink down large bowls of soy milk, Xiao Qi silently wiped away sweat beside them.

Olivia enjoyed the excitement, paying them no mind at all. It was clear she was a very casual woman, with a lively personality, and she was not without feelings for Steven.

After the meal when saying goodbye, Xiao Qi was hugged and kissed several more times by Olivia, while in Coach Steven's hands there was a large box, the two sets of clothes.

In the afternoon Xiao Qi went with the Chairman to the Capital City racetrack where Ji Gu was staying.

Counting it, it felt like it had been many days since she'd seen Ji Gu. At school she would basically see Ji Gu every day, or at most miss one day, but because of the competition this time Ji Gu had left early to arrive at the Capital City, to adjust its condition and get ready, so it had already been several days since she'd seen it.

Normally other competitors would also arrive early, to become accustomed to the environment together with their horses, coordinate together, but Xiao Qi was still a freshman in her first year of university. In her view, horse racing and such could only be a hobby, her main task was still studying, she couldn't invert the priorities. She had only decided to come to this horse race because the coach said it was on the weekend, so she didn't have to ask off school for too many days.

Therefore she basically only had an afternoon to coordinate and train with Ji Gu.

When Xiao Qi arrived at the Capital City racetrack, she discovered that a formal racetrack was really very big and large, no wonder the coach had complained about theirs to death, he would inevitably mention it when speaking, that he had gone to some rural place, compared to the racetrack before them now, not only was the Enhua School racetrack rural, it was like comparing a bowl of congee to a grain of rice.

The housing where Ji Gu stayed was also much nicer than Enhua's, like comparing luxury decorated mansions to simple rental housing. The first time Xiao Qi saw Enhua's racetrack she had felt it was amazingly big and luxurious, but coming to the scene before her now, it was another new world entirely. Here even the stable walls were soft, high class like a KTV's private room.

It took Xiao Qi's group quite a while just to get into the racetrack, it really was massive.

The Chairman was quite familiar with the person in charge here, chatting and laughing the whole way, while Coach Steven was rather silent in the afternoon, or had been depressed from being struck in the morning by his ex-wife remarrying. Xiao Qi was preoccupied with observing the surroundings and didn't speak either.

The racetrack manager thought Steven was the equestrian, and the young girl had just come along to play, so he didn't pay Xiao Qi much mind.

Xiao Qi hadn't seen Ji Gu yet, but heard its neigh from far away. Without needing anyone to lead the way, she walked ahead and first accurately found the stable Ji Gu was staying in.

The manager was surprised, he had thought they were told the stable number in advance.

When Xiao Qi saw Ji Gu, Ji Gu was pacing anxiously back and forth in the stable.

It looked quite lively.

The manager also wiped some sweat away. Racehorses specially sent from other places to compete were all highly valuable. If they weren't cared for well or some problem occurred, it would be very troublesome.