301 - 310

Chapter 301

Liang Huaying came a little later than the couple.

It wasn't that she arrived late, but Su Youfu and Sheng Juanhua came too early.

The two were quite nervous. When they arrived, the staff had just set up the stage.

So they were among the earliest to arrive.

When Liang Huaying arrived, she was considered a well-known entrepreneur and had been invited, so she also sat in the front row. She simply adjusted her seat a little and sat next to Sheng Juanhua.

Seeing Liang Huaying arrive, the couple immediately felt a little more confident, as they now had someone familiar around.

Otherwise, they would have felt a little lost.

They were worried about not hearing clearly or missing something.

The two were quite nervous.

Seeing the couple's restraint, Liang Huaying found it amusing.

They were so sincere, typical of people from the countryside, unfamiliar with the wider world. She wondered how this couple had raised a girl like Xiao Qi.

"You two must be tired from all the traveling these days. Has Xiao Qi called you? I saw she was on TV again. She won the Jingnan Province English speech contest."

Liang Huaying had a daughter who was Xiao Qi's fan. She kept close track of everything about Xiao Qi, so she was often the first to know.

It was much better for a young girl to idolize a hardworking, aspiring student than chase stars. Liang Huaying was very supportive.

Her brother's daughter was older than her own daughter and already in high school, but she only chased boy bands all day, claiming they were her husbands. Whenever there was an event, she had to rush over. Her obsession caused endless fights at home.

In contrast, Liang Huaying felt her own daughter was so well behaved.

After meeting her idol once, she became even more diligent and matured a lot.

But after her brother's daughter met hers once, she became even more indifferent to studying. All she did was buy merchandise related to her idols, no matter how useless or expensive.

"I asked, Xiao Qi said it was a small competition at another school. There was a 3,000 yuan prize, and their own school awarded another 10,000 yuan. Xiao Qi deposited it all into our bank account." Sheng Juanhua had set up SMS notifications for expenditures and deposits, so she felt reassured.

When it came to his daughter, Su Youfu was no longer nervous. His face was filled with pride, and his back straightened.

No matter how much gossip and rumors circulated in the village, no matter how vulgar his mother scolded, he persisted in sending his daughter to school. He had no education himself, and could not let his daughter follow in his footsteps.

Liang Huaying chatted with them for a bit. More people gradually arrived, and leaders finally appeared as well.

Liang Huaying noticed that Xiao Qi's Japanese teacher from that day was also there.

She learned that Zhou, who had the surname Zhou, was actually a deputy director at the Culture Palace. She came from a good family background, married into a civil servant family after studying abroad in Japan and Korea, and became a civil servant herself.

She was known to be difficult to get along with, had high standards, aloof personality, yet seemed close with Xiao Qi.

Zhou Meiling usually avoided participating in such events. She disliked the pomp and her skin was prone to sun damage. But today, knowing Xiao Qi's parents would be there, she came to help and be a judge, impartial as always.