"Then let me go with you." Before Michonne shakes her head, I hold my hand up. "Don't. I'm Adrian's sister, I got the stubborn genes." 

She sighs and thinks quickly, "Adrian'll be okay with it?" 

I shrug, "Dunno, don't really care. She does stuff all the time without asking me. My turn." I smirk, raising my eyebrows. 

Michonne nods and looks behind her before looking at me again, "Grab your gear." 

"Sick." I whisper, turning around and running to my house. 

I bolt through the door, causing Adrian to jump up from her spot on the couch and drop her book. "Jesus fuckin' Christ!" She yells. "Why you runnin'?" 

I don't give myself any time to think before I respond. "Inejra wants to train, she's timing me!" I lie, grabbing my gun and Carl's knife and running back into the living room. "Love you!" I yell as I run out of the house. 

I always make sure to tell her I love her before one of us leaves Alexandria. It's an apocalypse, everything is unpredictable. 

It's been a few hours of walking in the humid heat. Apparently, they know where they're going. It's some old library that they found the other kids at when Jocelyn first showed up at Alexandria. 

We're walking up a tall hill, the grass about the height of my shins and the wind blowing not nearly enough to give me relief from the heat rolling off of my arms.

Michonne is walking ahead of Daryl and I though, we can hear her heavy breaths. 

Daryl and I exchange glances and I give him a "dude." look; almost as a symbol to offer to stop for a second. 

He nods and turns to Michonne, "Let's take a break." He says, halting to a stop. 

"Yeah, you seem really tired." I add, wiping sweat off of my forehead. 

Crap, I'm sweating a lot. What if they think that's weird? Do they sweat? 

I quickly shake my head to get the thoughts out of my brain so I can focus on the task at hand. 

Daryl points to a nearby yellow, rusting swingset and Michonne complies without a fight, walking over to it.

"I know you wanna be out here, but you got a baby, you know?" Daryl says, following her as I trail behind him.

He motions to the swings for her to sit down and when she does, you can tell there's an immediate relief on her feet and back. 

Daryl offers the seat next to her but I shake my head, "I'll sit on the ground. You're old." I smirk, chuckling at Daryl's eye-roll. 

I groan as I sit on the dusty ground, the tall grass around us no doubt hiding some creature like a snake or bunny. 

Daryl and I both notice Michonne's quivering lip. "We'll find 'er," Daryl assures her. "We will." 

I nod, "We know where we're going. You guys told me they always go to that place so there's no chance they won't be there." 

Michonne half-smiles at me and then looks past me, staring at the trees rustling in the gentle breeze. "I can't believe this." She says, sniffing. I can hear the sound of birds twittering around us, a somewhat comforting feeling. 

"She was a friend, you know?" She continues. "Like, a real one. We went through everything together, figuring out who we were gonna be. Heartbreak...losing my mom." Michonne's voice begins to crack and she avoids both Daryl and I's eye contact.