Chapter 23

Tomorrow is the day! School was finally over today and I will be going to the mall to buy some makeup because I need some new ones, some of mine are finished and I need it for tomorrow badly. I started my car and drove off. It was a pretty quick trip not going to lie and I was able to find everything I needed. Then I finally got home.

Organized the makeup I bought and then started to look for the things I will need tomorrow. The dress was intact and perfect, heels were found, jewellery as well. Today I might not do much since I will have most of the next day to get ready. Funny enough we actually would have school tomorrow which is Friday but the school was nice enough to give us no lessons. Which is good for those students that will have appointments the next day for the event. I won't so I can sleep in a bit. I mean I could have gotten the appointments myself but I wanted to do it by my own hands and I am pretty good at hair and makeup, I even made my own prom dress.

Afterwards I ate lunch, I had to make it but its fine. Mom was working and surely not home for that reason. I have been making sure I was eating good and exercising a bit more. I hope everything will go well tomorrow. I don't see why not. our school doesn't do the prom king and queen and I agree with them, way too much competition and rivalry would happen because of simple titles, plastic crowns that don't really mean anything. It is more about the partying rather than that.

The day went by and I was ready to sleep and wake up tomorrow and start to get ready for the event. I did set up an alarm just in case I would not be able to neurally wake up around the time I want to wake up to. Unfortunately for me I woke up because of the alarm ringing. It wasn't that hard to get out of bed which slightly surprised me. I walked to the kitchen to see my mother making breakfast.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?"

"Today I am working from home since it is a special day for you and I wanted to be here in case you needed me."

"Cool."

The breakfast was simple oatmeal with some berries on top. Coffee ready as well. Mom took her own breakfast to the office to work and eat at the same time, not the best choice but I don't have a say in this. I scrolled social media while enjoying my own breakfast meal. Afterwards I took a shower like a full on shower with skincare, shaving and such. Then to let my hair mostly are dry I packed the bag that I will need for the trip to the cabin right after the event will be over. Since I already had some ideas in mind it was easy to pack. Not that I needed a lot of things for like one day only. The groceries we will do after prom. You might think how are we getting there with the whole dresses and tuxedos? Well we are going to stop at Luke's place and change clothes there, it also the closest home to the needed shop and the closest to the cabin as well.

I have gotten my nails done by someone that I got to all he time but I've done that a couple days prior. The clock already says its past midday. Means that I needed to eat a simple lunch that mom had made, it was the exact same meal I had in the morning actually, no need for something more complex. After the meal I started to do my makeup and hair.

I loved how everything was going. I looked good. It was actually even time to get dressed. I put on the dress, I have yet to look in the mirror. I put on the heels and then the jewellery came next. Finally I saw myself in the mirror. I looked amazing. I made it to my mom's office and walked inside. She finally noticed me.

"Oh wow, dear. You look amazing. The dress looks so good. Your boyfriend is going to love this look of yours for sure."

"Thanks, mom. I should get going."

"Have a greta time! And don't forget to text me when you get to the cabin. Be safe!"

"Thank you. I will."