Chapter 10

Today is Christmas Eve. Father has moved out fully. I don't know where he is but I honestly don't really care neither. It will be me, mom and my sister with her boyfriend. We all cooked most of the day to prepare the dinner. Once it was done we seated up the table and putted the dishes on it. Then after dressing up a bit nicer we all sat down. Ate and chatted. I was finally in some of the conversations. It was a really nice to just be all of us but weird since dad wasn't part of it but it didn't really feel like someone was missing from the table, I think Susan and Sean filled that up very well.

After eating we all gathered in the living room and watched a Christmas movie. This year we watched a new one rather than repeating one since I wouldn't have joined to watch it. I don't mind repeating movies or tv shows but not for many times in a row, even yearly. Not that I would say it out loud. Once the movie was up we moved onto a board game. This was my favourite part of the evening. It took us a while to finish the game but it was super fun. I came second in place.

Then it was second time to eat, well snack a bit before going to bed. The next morning came. I woke up really early to put down my gifts for the family. I already saw the rest of the gifts being under the tree, I did not peak into any of them. Then went back to bed and slept for like an hour or so. Breakfast was first and afterwards we walked into the living room to open the presents. I was the one to sit down on the ground and give the gifts to everyone. I know that Sean was introduced right before Christmas but me and mom had just enough time to go and guy a few things for him so he doesn't feel left out.

Well I got a sketchbook with new markers, I needed those badly since most of my old ones were out of service. Then just a few clothing pieces, nothing that special and it was more than enough for me. Once everyone was done opening the gifts I got my things to my room and putted them away into their places. I had nothing else to do, so scrolling my phone on the bed it was. Surely this activity did not last long. I got an urge of motivation to draw and sew a piece of clothing, that being a skirt, a particular pattern of it that I had to look up online since I definitely didn't know how to do it.

It took me time to learn and do it particularly the steps. But I think I eventually nailed it down. After like an hour of sewing it all together, then trying it on and it looking good, I was very pleased with the result. Funny enough it was actually time to eat lunch. It was only me and mom since my sister and her boyfriend went out to walk around the city a bit. While eating me and my mother chatted. I learned that the divorce will not be finalized for a bit longer. Obviously since it is the holidays. For me the divorce is taking a lot quicker but that it because they had handled most of the papers some time before we were officially told. Likely then my mom found out, she needed a bit more information, learned how long it had been going on for and that made it easier for her to consider to have a divorce, likely they haven't been that lovely with each other for longer and only time was needed until something happened to move them apart for real. As long as my mom is going to be happy, I will be happy with her decisions.

I am happy with this year's Christmas, it honestly wasn't even ruined as I was thinking it would be. I honestly even forgotten that dad wasn't near us. I guess this change isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think the fact that there is going to be such change made me feel like things are going to go bad or something.

Eventually I was called for lunch. It was a chicken with salad. It was good.

"What are you going to do over the break?"

"Likely be at home and sometimes hang out with my friends I guess."

"Alright. You can always invite them over if you would like."

"I know, mom. I will think about that."

I will surely hang out with Hunter and my friends. I cannot wait for them to find out, except for Carla, she already knows. I am glad the break has started since for the last couple of weeks of school have been hellish to me. Not only the home things already made set me off, school wasn't helping with tons of work to be done before the holidays begin, the amount of test I had to do, it was awful. I have some time for relaxing and just doing nothing most of the day, not feeling guilty over it.