Chapter 2

In the morning after waking up and getting out of bed, I washed my face and got breakfast. Today was my turn to walk the dog. I got dressed for that and walked for like half an hour before returning home and washing the dog's paws. Afterwards I walked to my room. Pulled up my phone and scrolled through social medias. Of course I didn't find anything useful or interesting to consume.

The time had passed and I was starting to get ready for the event. Hair, makeup was taking most of my time. I was glad that yesterday I had already picked out my outfit. Curled my hair, finished up the make up, was ready to get the dress on. I was struggling to zip it up, so I asked my mom for help. Then finished up by putting on the heels and the jewellery: earrings and a necklace. Walked out of my room to see my parents completing up their getting ready as well. We all looked good. My mom took a few photos of me but I knew that those will stay in her phone and I would never post them, unless privately to specific people to be seen by. Either way we made it to the ca and were driven to the building where the charity event is being held tonight.

We were dropped off by the entrance stairs like everyone else attending were. Walked inside the building. Fairly quickly we diverted our own ways. I texted my friends where they were and we decided where to meet up. The actual event is not going to start for like twenty minutes, so plenty of time to do other things. I walked near the restrooms, where our meeting spot was. I spotted Luke.

"Hey."

"Hi."

We waited for a few minutes before seeing Carla and Zoe together approaching us. The group was assembled finally. Then all of us walked to the main area. We found empty seats towards the end row and in the corner. Soon enough the event finally started. The announcer talked about the amazing year the charity has had because of our parents donations and help, we had to personally go to do some work for the charity, I had to do that too, it wasn't awful or anything, but it is more for press than actual helping, well perhaps both. Either way the person talked more, it got boring very quickly. I looked over to my friends and they were bored just as much as me, even some adults who I was able to see were hiding their boredom. I came here for a picture, food, dancing and just overall hang out with my friends without my parents worrying where I am and what am I doing.

I cannot ruin my parents status especially now because of my dad. Its not like I want to do anything illegal that is, so its not much of a problem but just their none needed worry that's bothering me constantly. Whenever I would go, especially not on school days, they must pry information from me, but I get it, just I never gotten in trouble before, so it doesn't make sense. Even my own perfect sister as well wasn't in trouble like never. I wouldn't consider my parents very strict, there are some rules but they are ok.

After the announcer was done, the owner of the charity was pulled to the stage to talk more and praise our work, efforts and just the money we've given to them. I wanted to actually go with the plan Luke had to sneak out, looked over to find my parents and the thought went away. Then the owner awarded the top people who either worked the most or given money the most. Soon w it was announced that the party section of the event had began. The younger people crowded the dance floor, while the older ones decided to go and check out the food stations as well as talk amongst each other.

Me and my friends hit the dance floor. Finally our fun began. Thankfully the music that was played was popular, suited for our tastes. Although you couldn't dance like you were in a club or something but it was still generally fun. Eventually I dragged Zoe to take the photo I needed. Found a perfect background towards the back of the room. Afterwards we marched to the food stations, meet up with our two other friends grabbing a snack as well. The food is more like snacks rather than actual meals, simpler for the company to do. But not complaining since everything tasted good and the drinks were nice too.