Chapter 12

It was finally a school day. The past few days I have been not feeling well. I never gotten any messages from him which was good. But I did get some from my father, saying he wanted to meet up to which I still don't know how to respond, I received the text yesterday evening. I told my mom and asked for advice from her. Truly she had no say in what I should do, it is my own decision to make. I tried to ask Carla and well, her answer was very similar to my mother's. I am currently in my car driving to school.

I didn't feel like going to school today but sadly I must go. I finally made to the parking lot and found an empty spot to park at. Then I was off to my fist class of the day. English was easy as the first class. We discussed what we did during the break and the plans for the lessons ahead. Nothing much happened, just talking and listening.

The next class happen to be math, it was hell. The teacher started to give us exercises to do that were from what we learned just before the break. I was struggling to remember how we did them. Well the nightmare finished and lunch break began. I walked into the cafeteria and found my friends. They were talking until I showed up next to them.

"Why so quiet all of a sudden? Its not like you can't talk." I spoke.

"Its nothing." Zoe responded. I eyed them suspiciously. But sat down and did not think of anything yet. We ate our food. Talked a bit. I snatched Carla with me to talk.

"What in the world did you guys talk about?"

"It was about Hunter. Apparently Zoe and Luke wanted to know if he was in school and it happens that none of us had seen him yet."

"Alright."

I left her and walked to chemistry class, the one me and Hunter share. Thankfully we no longer must sit together since the project was over. I didn't even think he would come to class honestly. But he did. Did sit down as far away as he could. Today the teacher was nice and gave us a simple presentation on our next upcoming topics. While the teacher would talk I would glance at Hunter, I don't know why but I did and tried not to get noticed. We caught each other once looking at the other. Both looked away quickly. I felt really embarrassed by being caught. I didn't look a single time until the bell rang, well I did but half glances I would call them.

Then I was off to literature. I was the first one out of my friends to enter the classroom. It was also closest to chemistry class, so it makes sense. The bell rang and the lesson started. The teacher almost immediately announced what novel we are going to read. It was a fairly thick one, I am not happy with that, I will try to read fully and not like always try to somehow go around it without reading it actually. I know that it doens't really make me pass but sometimes I get lucky.

I was bored majority of the duration of the lesson. The time was going very slowly but eventually the bell rang and marched to my final class, Spanish. Hunter was already there sitting in the corner of the classroom, so I sat down as far away as I could. My friends got there too. Carla sat down next to me and looked at Hunter and then me.

"Weird. He wasn't in all the classes today expect this one."

"He was in chemistry as well actually."

"Huh...I think he only went to them since you both share them."

"You think so?"

"It makes the most sense. Besides no one really knows what happened on New Years."

"Right. People will get suspicious wont they? If we don't interact."

"Likely... no one has asked you or say anything?"

"Nope."

The bell rang and the teacher began the lesson. It wasn't that bad. We talked, well just a few students talked with the teacher and the rest were quiet. We were even let out earlier than normal but since it was the first day the teacher allowed it. I walked to my car and drove off to a coffee shop. I wanted to grab a coffee and take it home. Just felt like buying one rather than making one at home.