Chapter 2 : I Proposed

Start from the beginning

This memory, vivid and poignant, had been securely anchored in your heart, its significance undiminished by the passage of time.

The ambient sounds of nature around you, particularly the gentle rustling of leaves, seemed to harmonize with the faint, yet familiar voice of your mother.

Her voice, though not often heard, resonated with a profound wisdom and love that had profoundly shaped your perspective and values.

"Y/N-chan," echoed the tender voice of your mother within the corridors of your memory, "remember, a child should never bear the sins of their parents. You and your brothers are our pride and joy. Make sure to live a good, happy life, alright?"

At that moment, the memory replayed a scene where you, with a heart full of innocence and love, cradled your newborn brother in your arms.

Your twin brothers, Ace and Sabo, were peacefully asleep beside her on the bed, oblivious to the weight of the moment.

This memory was set in a period of transition and sorrow, shortly after your family had moved into a new home following the unexpected demise of your father.

Your mother, weakened and fragile from childbirth, had just welcomed Luffy into the world.

Despite the joy of the new addition to your family, a heavy sense of foreboding filled the air, as you sensed the frailty of your mother's condition.

Being the eldest daughter of Gol D. Roger and Portgas D. Rouge, at just nine years old, you bore the emotional burden far beyond your years.

Ace and Sabo, only four years old, were yet to comprehend the gravity of the situation.

Clutching Luffy close, you fought back tears, a silent vow of understanding and strength forming as you bit your lower lip.

The peaceful moment was shattered as your mother's voice faded, her breaths coming to a stop.

The sudden onset of heavy footsteps alerted you to another's presence. Without turning, you knew who it was.

He came to a halt beside you, and with a voice tinged with sorrow, you announced, "Grand-daddy.. Mommy's gone.."

"DAMN IT, YOI!"

Your peaceful nap atop your arboreal sanctuary was rudely interrupted by a scream and an unexpected jolt from the tree.

The tree, unimpressed with the sudden drama, decided to shake things up—literally.

The shock was so sudden that you lost your grip, setting off a rather unplanned descent. Mid-fall, you braced for impact, expecting to meet the ground in an unceremonious heap.

Yet, the anticipated crash landing never came. Instead, upon opening your eyes, you found yourself perched somewhat gracefully atop an unsuspecting human cushion.

"A..Agh.. An Angel yoi?" The voice beneath you was tinged with confusion and a hint of wonder, though clearly not prepared for heavenly encounters.

In a frenzy of apologies, you scrambled off him and extended your hands to help him up, showcasing the universal sign of 'Oops, my bad!'.

Yes, you—a human, had just performed an impromptu aerial stunt, only to find your finale on an unsuspecting Marco.

His surprise was palpable; after all, it's not every day one gets tackled by a tree-diving woman.

He accepted your hand, rising with a grace that belied the oddity of the situation.

Your response to the unexpected meeting was a flurry of apologetic bows, as if attempting to set a world record.