Chapter 47

✧.* it's real, it will never be over ✧.*

Marco spent most of his time with Ollie, his new faithful companion. Deciding to take Ollie out for a walk, Marco ventured into Cokeworth, a town that lacked aesthetic appeal but offered potential for exploration. He figured it was worth getting to know the new placed he'd be living in.

As they strolled along, Marco observed Ollie's curious sniffing, a sign that he was scouting for a suitable spot. Pulling out a doggie bag, Marco patiently waited while Ollie attended to his business.

"Cute dog," a voice remarked from behind Marco, causing him to startle. Turning around, he found himself face to face with a redhead—Lily Evans—carrying a bag filled with snacks.

"Thanks," Marco replied with a sheepish grin. Lily nodded, her attention captured by Ollie, who had taken an instant liking to her. Marco attempted to intervene, but Lily waved him off, indicating that she didn't mind.

"What brings you here?" Marco inquired, attempting to strike up a conversation.

"I live here," Lily replied casually, gesturing towards the house in front of them.

Realization dawned on Marco as he glanced at the house. "Oh, I'm so sorry about, uh, well... that," he stammered, embarrassed by his oversight.

Lily chuckled, brushing off his apologies. "No worries. Want to come in? Victoria's here," she offered. 

Marco glanced at the house, then back at Lily. "Uh, I'm not sure they'd be comfortable with me there," he said, scratching the back of his head.

"Nonsense, we were just about to play a few games," Lily insisted, gesturing for him to follow her inside. Despite her invitation, Marco hesitated, unsure if he could bring Ollie along. "You can bring the dog too," Lily added, reassuringly.

Reluctantly, Marco agrees, grateful for the opportunity to spend time with Victoria despite their strained relationship. But first he went to throw Ollies poop out. With Ollie in tow, he follows Lily into the house, feeling a mix of apprehension and hope.

As they enter, Marco is greeted by the familiar sight of Victoria sitting on the couch, engrossed in a book. She looks up as they enter, surprise flickering across her face before it settles into a guarded expression.

"Hey," Victoria says, her voice carefully neutral.

"Hey," Marco responds, a nervous edge creeping into his tone.

Marlene returned from the kitchen with a few drinks in hand, followed by Alice carrying cups and plates. They both looked at Marco with smiles, Marlene's more of a grin.

"Carter?" Marlene inquired, placing the drinks on the coffee table and settling into the seat beside Victoria. Alice followed suit, taking a seat on a nearby single couch.

"I found him outside," Lily chimed in, gesturing towards Marco. "I'm going to put these in the kitchen," she added, heading off to the kitchen.

"That's a cute dog," Alice remarked kindly, pointing at Ollie.

"Thanks," Marco replied sincerely, feeling a bit uncomfortable under their gaze and unsure of where to sit.

"Sit here," Victoria offered, patting the seat beside her. Though her eyes were inviting, her expression was less warm.

Marco nodded his thanks and took the seat beside Victoria.

Lily returned, breaking the tension by suggesting they play a board game.

☄. *. ⋆

"But I'm so hungry," Barty complained from his spot on the floor, blankets spread out for him to lie on. His stomach growled audibly, echoing in the otherwise quiet room.