Chapter 46

Being back home was a soothing balm for Victoria after the tumult of the school year. The familiar sights and sounds of her childhood home embraced her like a warm hug, easing the tension that had accumulated over the past months.

As she crossed the threshold, the comforting scent of her mother's cooking greeted her, stirring a hunger that had gone unnoticed amidst the chaos of school life. Euphemia, her mother, bustled about the kitchen, her voice filled with love and warmth.

"Is dinner ready yet?" James chimed in eagerly, trailing behind his mother. Sirius had been living with them as well. He followed right behind James. 

Taking her seat at the table, Victoria felt a swell of gratitude wash over her. Surrounded by her family, she savored the sense of belonging that enveloped her.

"How's my girl doing?" Fleamont's voice broke through her reverie, pulling her back to the present.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Victoria replied with a smile. "Well, thank you. And you?"

Fleamont motioned for her to join the rest of the family in the kitchen, his eyes twinkling with affection. "So much better now that you're all here."

As they sat down to eat, Victoria listened to the familiar chatter about work and school. She had been itching to broach the subject of her newfound interest in Quidditch, but a sense of embarrassment held her back.

Breaking the flow of conversation, Victoria cleared her throat nervously. "Hey, um, can I ask you guys something?" All eyes turned to her, and she took a deep breath. "I want to play Quidditch next year."

The response was overwhelmingly positive, with James and Euphemia offering enthusiastic support. Emboldened by their encouragement, Victoria continued, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "But, um, I don't know how to play. Could you guys teach me?"

Fleamont feigned tears of joy. "I never thought you'd ask!"

After dinner, Victoria retreated to her room, her heart full and content. Unpacking her belongings, she took care to arrange them just the way she liked, relishing the sense of peace that enveloped her. As she settled into bed that night, surrounded by the familiar comforts of home, she couldn't help but feel grateful for the unwavering love and warmth of her family.

***

The following day, Victoria woke up with a renewed sense of determination, eager to begin her Quidditch training. After a hearty breakfast, she approached her father,  brother, and Sirius, her excitement palpable.

"Ready to start your Quidditch lessons?" James asked with a mischievous grin.

Victoria nodded eagerly, her heart pounding with anticipation. She followed them out to the backyard, where they had set up a makeshift Quidditch pitch.

Fleamont handed Victoria a broom, his grin mirroring James'. "First things first, let's work on your flying skills."

For the next few hours, Victoria soared through the air, practicing her maneuvers under the watchful eyes of her father and brother. Despite a few shaky moments, she quickly began to get the hang of it, her confidence growing with each successful maneuver.

As the sun began to dip below the horizon, Victoria landed gracefully on the ground, her face flushed with exhilaration. She couldn't remember the last time she had felt so alive.

"Great job, Vivi!" James exclaimed, giving her a congratulatory pat on the back. "You're a natural."

Victoria beamed, her chest swelling with pride. With her family's unwavering support and guidance, she knew she could achieve anything she set her mind to.