Chapter 34

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

"Reg you make life harder than it should be!" Emerson yelled as she tried to drag her much taller twin brother out of the house.

"I haven't even finished my cup of chocolate," Regulus stood still not moving, he looked down at his sister who had him by the sleeve still unable to move him.

Both of them were as stubborn as they would take a miracle to get either of them to give in. "Why do you even want me to go? Last time I threw a snowball at you, you locked me in my room after."

Emerson released her grip off of her brother, "Look short stuff," Emerson placed both hands on her hips looking straight at him.

"I'm like five inches taller than you..."

"I'm not the one who is begging for you to join us. Vic is the one who said to bring you along."

Regulus didn't like surprises, hearing her say that was a surprise which he indeed liked. She wants me there. It's no surprise when someone you begin to grow interested in starts to take over how you act, meaning any other day he would've still said no but he agreed.

***

"I brought him!" Emerson cheered motioning her hands towards Regulus who tried to fix his beanie with his curls.

"Look she finally did something right," Marco joked not earning much of a laugh from Emerson.

Victoria stood still beside Marco who was covering his smirk from their view. Emerson was oblivious to everyone's odd stares at one another.

"Shall we go ice skating?" Emerson asked looking at the frozen lake not too far from where they were. None of them actually had a pair of skates but Marco was sure there was a few hidden somewhere inside his home. 

They all went inside to see if the ice skates Marco had would fit them since they were originally his fathers, mothers, his, and his grandmother, four for each of them. 

"Here try these on," Marco held a pair of beaten down large ice skates to Emerson with a hidden smirk, knowing fairly well that she wouldn't fit into them since her feet were at least a size three, in kid's sizes. 

She examined the shoes with an unannoyed glare. He knew fairly well that she disliked any jokes made about her tiny feet, "You're so funny, I think they'll look better if I shove them up" 

"-Hey! I think those fit me actually," Regulus interrupted his sister stealing the pair of ice skates from her hands. "I'll go try them on." 

Emerson held a glaring stare at Marco who gave her a sarcastic smile. "Look I think these are my size," Victoria held a pair of a warm tone orange pair of skates. That left two other pairs, one of them being Marcos skates from when he was younger which he gave over to Emerson with a laugh, she didn't find it humorous. 

Once they all put on their skates each fitting is either too large or a little small. Emerson had slight experience with skating from years ago, but she fell half the time. Regulus was fairly good therefore having to help his sister at every second. Marco used to skate with his family, but that was from years ago. Now as for Victoria she went ice skating with her family yearly, that didn't mean she was any good at it.