Chapter 62 - Hoshimiya

Start from the beginning

Of course, the other side of the door was connected to a blind spot of Tohka's. -There, Michael would pierce and turn. In that case, everything would be over. Solution-Jerez, Michael's secret ability to ensure the total decomposition of any material matter. In front of this unparalleled power, all things in this world would return to nothingness. At this point, even Tohka should be no exception.

"Solution-Jerez......!"

After Mukuro spotted the timing where Lucas and Tohka were distracted by their clash, a small key-shaped angel would protrude out into the space from a door.

However--

"Don't do it! Mukuro!"

Just as Michael was about to pierce through the door, Shidou stood up and spread out his hands in front of Mukuro.

"--!?"

Due to the unexpected action from Shidou, Mukuro gawked blankly with her eyes as her body began to tremble. But it was too late. Through the reflexes of her wrist, Michael slightly deviated from its target as it pierced through Shidou's shoulder.

"Kuh......!?" Shidou's face distorted with pain. In response, Mukuro quickly used her arms to stop the influx of power being unleashed by Michael.

But.

"----Eh?"

At the next instant, as if hit by a strange sensation, Mukuro let out a stunned voice.

By piercing Shidou with the long halberd, phantom-like images began to manifest, with feelings of undiluted anger that flowed through. No, to be more precise, there was also something flowing from Mukuro's side.

Although they didn't know what it was in the end; however, it seemed as if the feelings between Mukuro and Shidou were being intermingled. It was like the feeling of shaking two different liquids within a bottle together.

Ah--but it wasn't the first time she encountered this feeling. Exactly. At that time in outer space, the same feelings brewed when Shidou had used his pseudo Michael to pierce her.

"--"

--That's right, at that time.

That cold winter day.

In the face of my own frustration, certain existence appeared.
It bore semblance to someone who was fully submerged in water, or a strange figure enshrouded in mosaics.
And that someone had given me something resembling a gemstone with a brilliant golden hue.

From that moment onwards, I, Hoshimiya Mukuro, became a Spirit.

However, I felt neither doubts nor fears.
No, rather it would be more appropriate to say that I felt an even greater feeling of joy.

I had received Michael, a key-shaped angel which could close any object, even invisible things such as human memories could be locked.

Using this power, I could certainly make sister, father, and mother love only me.

So, I immediately, and gladly, used this power. Opening a gate in space, I utilized Michael to close the memories of my family from every acquaintance, or nearly anyone that recognized my sister and parents for that matter.

However, in the end, things did not go as I had planned.

After coming back home, the reactions of my family were filled with utter confusion. The unusual situation of having no one remember them left a sense of overwhelming bewilderment; nobody was concerned about Mukuro.

I believed that if all the surrounding people were to forget about them, they would all love me again.

Yet, the backlash from my family after discovering that I had been the cause of the situation was far from love or affection.
Astonishment and anger; dismay and agitation; and also--rejection.