In the next moment, the blood-stained coat was thrown over its face, and it let out a scream before falling off the car.

Tang Ning, now without Gong Yun's coat, loosened up a bit and shouted to Lin Yun, "Gong Yun is gone! What should we do?!"

The roaring Han Yuren, lying on the ground, stood up and roared again, accelerating to chase after them. This time, the four-wheeled car also sped up.

"Don't worry! It will catch up!" Lin Yun shouted, "The card in its deck is the Pumpkin Chariot, which boosts the speed of any vehicle!"

Tang Ning remembered the first day when they encountered the ghost wall. Lin Yun's speed on the tricycle could match Uncle Wang's, and Han Yuren was even more formidable than Uncle Wang. It was clear that the four-wheeled car was faster than the tricycle.

Looking at Han Yuren, who chased after them like a mad dog but always remained a bit behind, Tang Ning felt slightly relieved.

Lin Yun paused for a moment before adding, "Especially when there's a real princess on board."

"What?" Tang Ning just caught what was said.

Lin Yun chuckled, "Well, whatever it is, wake up Ji Lianyun quickly. Before it gets dark, we need to find the Imperial Tomb!"

Although the rules stated that the mission would be considered complete once Tang Xianheng was successfully buried, the standard for burial couldn't be just finding any random hole to bury him in. From Tang Xianheng's perspective, the true purpose of burial was to steal luck. If the luck was stolen, would he have died in vain? He would surely crawl out of the grave to settle the score.

Now, with Grandpa Ji interfering with the Yin-Yang point and the dragon vein Tang Xianheng had chosen, it was too dangerous to go back and bury him forcibly. They needed to try Gong Yun's Imperial Tomb.

Tang Ning's fingers reached into the person in his arms, a warm flow passing through him. Coupled with the wind blowing against him as the car sped along, he felt intensely cold for a moment.

He couldn't tell whether it was because of the cold on his body or because Gong Yun had left, but a chill of farewell rose in his heart.

If he could successfully complete the mission and leave the game, perhaps that moment just now would be the last time he and Gong Yun would see each other.

He should have nodded a little faster just now, telling this person his little bit of affection before Gong Yun closed his eyes.

As the car headed towards Ji Village, about half an hour later, Tang Ning heard a faint cough. Ji Lianyun slowly opened his eyes and looked at Tang Ning, who was holding him.

This time, he didn't see the intense surprise in Tang Ning's eyes as before.

"Ji Lianyun, are you awake?" Tang Ning asked. "Do you know where Gong Yun's tomb is?"

Ji Lianyun coughed softly. "Gong Yun?"

"Yes, the one who's sick, that's you."

Blood seeped from the corner of Ji Lianyun's lips as he leaned on Tang Ning, his hand pointing in a direction with effort. "Go that way."

Tang Ning quickly informed Lin Yun of the next direction.

Ji Lianyun's condition was too weak. Throughout the journey, besides intermittently pointing the way, he was half-dreaming and half-awake, dozing off with his eyes closed.

When they arrived, the narrow path was no longer suitable for vehicles. They had to continue on foot.

Lin Yun carried Tang Xianheng on his back, while Tang Ning carried Ji Lianyun.

Although it was still afternoon, the place they reached was covered with a dense forest, and layers of dead branches blocked out all the light.

"Go down that hole." Ji Lianyun pointed out the way while lying on Tang Ning's back.

Tang Ning saw a pitch-black hole on the mountain wall behind a tree, so dark it was chilling. Even before entering, the cold breath and the stench of decay filled the air.

Ji Lianyun tore off a piece of cloth soaked in blood from his body, instructing Lin Yun and Tang Ning to hold onto it to prevent getting separated.

"Can we turn on a light?" Lin Yun asked.

"It's better to," Ji Lianyun replied. He bit his fingertip, letting his hand hang down as droplets of blood splattered down one after another.

Tang Ning walked into the cave, carrying Ji Lianyun on his back. With the faint light from outside, he could see a small part of what was inside the cave, and even that small glimpse made his head buzz.

Seeing one rotten corpse after another piled up, crawling with maggots, rats, snakes, and scorpions, the dazzling golden light shining through the gloomy gaps seemed especially beautiful in contrast to the grotesque scene.

"You should look," Ji Lianyun said softly. "Keep your eyes closed, and I'll tell you where to go."

Tang Ning obediently closed his eyes but immediately heard the words guiding him in the right direction. "Xiao Ning, which one do you like more?"

If this were a dating simulation game, Tang Ning thought, this would be a crucial choice that would affect the outcome of the game.

Ji Lianyun would certainly hope to hear something like "I like you the way you are now."

He should be smart and say something that would make Ji Lianyun happy. After all, they would rely on Ji Lianyun for the next steps.

And he did genuinely like Ji Lianyun.

The gentle Ji Lianyun, the one who looked after him so well, who could tolerate all his bad moods, who might find his crying ugly but still hold him tight even when he was weak.

Why did he have to be so good? The gentle, irresistible Ji Lianyun had already unlocked his heart. Sometimes, he actually wished Ji Lianyun would stay this good, because when the game was over, he would have to return to a world without Ji Lianyun.

But...

Gong Yun had also persistently asked him similar questions many times, but he had never firmly chosen Gong Yun even once.

This was Gong Yun's tomb, and perhaps he was waiting in some dark corner for the answer.

"Want your true heart."

"Do you really know how to cherish a heart?"

"I'm pleased with you, darling."

"Do you like me even a little?"

"Darling, don't go."

Each of these words seemed to entangle Tang Ning's heart like a spider's web, making him feel a bit breathless. Thinking about Gong Yun, who had always asked if he liked him, Tang Ning felt a twinge of hatred rising within him. Why couldn't Gong Yun just remain the bad guy he was at the beginning? Then Tang Ning could confidently tell Ji Lianyun that he liked him more.

"I understand," Ji Lianyun's voice was gentle. He delicately avoided answering that question and softly whispered the next steps of the route to Tang Ning.

In the distance ahead was the location of the burial pit. Tang Ning stood still, listening to the faint sounds of Lin Yun burying Tang Xianheng.

Drip, drip.

A warm liquid dripped onto Tang Ning's neck, like blood, yet also like tears.

"Xiao Ning, the days of being married to you have been the most beautiful time of my life," Ji Lianyun's voice sounded like a fragile thread.

Tang Ning grabbed Ji Lianyun's hand.

"It's buried!" Lin Yun's excited voice came from afar.

Ji Lianyun whispered, "Thank you for bringing him back."

[Drip—Tang Xianheng has been successfully buried, the game ends prematurely!]

[Congratulations on successfully completing the "Funeral" instance!]

The tomb, shrouded in darkness, returned to silence. After a while, a cold voice murmured to itself, "This time, he really does like Ji Lianyun, but what's surprising is that he still likes you."