Gong Yun turned around, his pitch-black eyes now a crimson red at this moment.

"Han Yuren" stopped in its tracks, recoiling in surprise.

Seizing this precious moment, Lin Yun drove the car over, shouting for Tang Ning to hurry and get in. Tang Ning quickly climbed aboard, intending to pull Gong Yun into the car as well.

"Cough, cough." Gong Yun suddenly covered his mouth and coughed, then, struggling, he managed to get into the car while still coughing.

Tang Ning saw that with each cough, the crimson in Gong Yun's eyes swayed, and thick, viscous blood flowed from between his fingers.

The last two times Gong Yun left this body, he had coughed up blood like this.

The real Ji Lianyun was about to come out, but Tang Ning didn't feel happy as he had imagined. He remembered the inhaler he had used earlier today and quickly handed it to Gong Yun's mouth.

Gong Yun shook his head, and the blood, now stopped, dripped onto his clothes. He leaned close to Tang Ning's ear and whispered, "Mom, you bury him."

The body of Tang Xianheng on the car trembled with the vehicle's bumps. Gong Yun half-closed his eyes, glancing at the body that was technically his grandfather-in-law. He murmured softly, "Burial... tomb."

Tang Ning held onto Gong Yun's body. "This way, the Yin-Yang point and the dragon vein can also be divided."

As he said this, blood and the cold breath spilled onto Tang Ning's neck. Each drop of blood slid over his skin like a living creature. Tang Ning was stunned for a moment, and a faintly clear memory suddenly surfaced in his confused mind.

On the night he encountered the paper bride, his face was covered by paper, making it hard for him to breathe. There was a flash of white light before him, and amidst the hazy pain, it seemed like a finger had pierced through that thin layer and touched him inside.

At that time, it felt like something had fallen on his neck, causing an itching sensation.

—"Once wrote a marriage certificate on your neck."

—"If you are willing to sincerely become husband and wife, for a thousand autumns, anything can be betrothed," Gong Yun said to him as if it were true.

"Cough, cough, cough!" Gong Yun was still coughing, and he suddenly coughed up a large amount of blood. The rich blood spread at this moment, but the red color rapidly disappeared from his eyes, leaving only a faint red glow, like a candle in the wind. He kept his eyes open, gazing at Tang Ning who was close by.

"Do you... now have... any..." With each sentence, he spat out blood, but Gong Yun still persisted in asking, "a little bit of liking?"

Why was he so persistent about this seemingly obvious question?

Did he unreasonably believe in this person, just based on that little bit of liking?

Tang Ning wanted to nod, but the person he was holding onto spoke again. The red dot disappeared completely from his pitch-black pupils, and he slowly closed his eyes, falling into Tang Ning's arms as if asleep.

Although Gong Yun's condition had been too good before, even now, as he spoke while coughing up blood, Tang Ning felt an indescribable sense of security. It seemed that as long as this person existed, there would be someone to protect him.

But now, Gong Yun was gone.

The previously hesitant Han Yuren realized something and snarled, chasing after the car with bared teeth.

Tang Ning held Gong Yun tightly, watching as the swiftly running Han Yuren suddenly leaped, its clawed hand grabbing onto the rear of the car!

Its other hand also grabbed onto the rear of the car, and it quickly climbed up!