Chapter 249: Kamchatka Wilderness, Soviet Union, 1960

Kamchatka Wilderness

Soviet Union

1960

Shorty stared at the sword, then looked across the horizon. "I can't see anything. Except that incoming dust devil. Why aren't we running? Or taking shelter?"

"Shorty, that's not a dust devil." Indy sighed, reaching into his artifact bag, pulling out the pouch that Shorty's grandmother had given him of shaman drugs. "Sniff. Turns out what you can't see - can hurt you."

"What about the list, Papa?" Lizavet asked softly, all too aware that she was going to face her nightmares.

"Lizavet, hon, I've never been very good about following directions," Indy admitted.

"Or making plans," Emily added, grinning, stepping around her father to take a defensive position beside him.

Shorty stuck his nose into the bag, jerked his head out blinking as he looked around seeing the apkallu hoard for the first time. Edo's camp had only had a few of the monsters. The Temple of Doom had only had a few monsters.

This was an army.

"WHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAA!! I regret my life choices!" Shorty stammered, gripping the sword.

"So do I," Indy muttered facing down the apkallu, with only one hand able to hold a sword.

"What do you want?" He growled, facing the apkallu as the supernatural creatures surrounded them.