Episode 31: Sentenced

EPISODE 31:
"SENTENCED"

RECAP

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. HOSPITAL-AUSTIN'S ROOM

AUSTIN throws a shirt on as his body was still healing as evident to the bruises all over his fine tuned chest, EMMA, NIKKI, MEL, CHARLES, and SHANE standing around him as AUSTIN still sports a black eye.

SHANE
Nice to see you up and going. How the hell do you manage to pull that off, boss?

EMMA
AZREAL gave him something.

AUSTIN
Which I still pertain being a bad fucking idea, knowing that asshole.

CHARLES
Doesn't matter now, we know what we need to know about LANCE now. That's what matters.

MEL
It's amazing he has that kind of technology, and it being exclusive to him, he could be manipulating all kinds of things without our knowing. Be tapped into every screen or phone.

CHARLES
You all destroyed your old phones and got new one's like I asked right?

EMMA
I did.

NIKKI
Yes, we did boss.

CHARLES
It's a start. I've got to get to the SYSTEM BUILDING, they're about to start with ANTHONY'S TRAIL.

AUSTIN
Already?

CHARLES
Expedited.

AUSTIN
I hate to say this boss, but he did take that soul...

CHARLES
he was forced. You said so yourself.

AUSTIN
Does that matter?

MEL
Cohesion is a big deal in the SYSTEM, if someone else is responsible for the actions, they want the one responsible for it, not necessarily the one who did the action, but that depends on the merit of blackmail, force, etc.

AUSTIN
Well that definitely counts.

CHARLES
Do you remember what the guys looked like, the ones who did this to you?

AUSTIN
Yeah, I got a clear picture, they're always around him, but I overheard that they sometimes go off to do dirty work for him.

CHARLES
Alright, NIKKI, SHANE, you two are going to scope out LANCE'S and if...

AUSTIN
No. I got this.

CHARLES
Very noble but this isn't time to be a hero, you are still pretty injured.

AUSTIN
I won't go alone, I have someone in mind who owes me a favor.

CHARLES
Okay then.

NIKKI
I'll go with you to the SYSTEM BUILDING, CHARLES.

CHARLES
Alright.

SHANE
What do you want us to do?

CHARLES
I think we need to press LANCE, we need to show him that we're not going away, no matter what. He's scheduled for an event today at a local vampire charity complex. Perfect time for you to drop in.

SHANE
Sounds good with me.

CHARLES
It's quite formal. Make sure you dress up and bring a date.

SHANE
EMMA?

EMMA
Together again.

CHARLES
Not this time.

EMMA
Why not?

MEL
While you're officially grounded as an UNEVENTFUL member, you still work the CONTAINMENT team, and we've got a job to do.