Episode 16: No Justice, No Peace

EPISODE 16
"NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE"

FADE IN

RECAP

COLD OPEN

INT. CHARLES'S APARTMENT

CHARLES sits on the edge of his bed as he holds the HOLOGRAPHIC DISC that CROWLEY gave him as he thumbs his finger over it, CHARLES looking over at the clock as it read 3:12 AM.

CHARLES sets it down as his phone goes off, CHARLES answer it as he lets out a tired grumble.

CHARLES
CHARLES...whoa, hey, NIKKI, calm down...what happened...?

CHARLES listens for a few moments before CHARLES looks rocked.

CHARLES
I'm on my way.

CHARLES hangs up and drops the phone as he stands, and then falls over, CHARLES clenching his fist as he begins to cry as he screams in anger.

FADE OUT

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. HOSPITAL LOBBY

CHARLES hurries in as hurries around the front desk by quickly hanging up, CHARLES watching as she cuts him off, CHARLES trying to move past her but she stops him.

JOSEPHINE
CHARLES, please, I need you to calm down.

CHARLES
Where is she!

JOSEPHINE
She is in intensive care right now.

CHARLES
How...how bad?

JOSEPHINE
If whoever did it wanted to kill her, they could've easily. She was beaten, very very badly. The extent of her serious injuries will heal in a few days but the psychological damage...

CHARLES
Is she going to be okay, yes or no?

JOSEPHINE
She's in a coma right now...but she should come out of it soon, we hope.

CHARLES
Where is she?!

JOSEPHINE
Third floor, but just...

CHARLES hurries towards the ELEVATOR as JOSEPHINE can only watch on.

CHARLES reaches the floor after a few moments and spots AUSTIN pacing about angrily as NIKKI is trying to calm him down, SHANE leaning against the wall with an scowl on his face as tears are in his eyes as NIKKI spots CHARLES and pats AUSTIN on the chest, AUSTIN looking at him as CHARLES comes over towards them and goes to look into the ROOM but stops himself as he can't, NIKKI coming over to him as she pulls him into a hug as CHARLES breaks down, SHANE and AUSTIN looking dejected as ANTHONY can hear CHARLES outside the room as he has tears in his eyes as he sits in the chair beside EMMA, who looks badly beaten as she was laying in the HOSPITAL BED, hooked up to a breathing machine.

INT. TERESA'S OFFICE

TERESA flips through some files as COLBY comes into the OFFICE, TERESA looking at him as she swipes her screen away.

TERESA
What's going on?

COLBY
EMMA was...attacked.

TERESA
Oh no...

COLBY
She was beaten into a coma. They didn't want to kill her, but they...wanted to send a message, so we're thinking.

TERESA
The MISFITS?

COLBY
We can't be sure. The QUADRANTS are still in chaos, it could've been anyone.

TERESA
This is not good...you need to get down there, and keep them all together no matter what you cannot let them go and play vigilante.