Episode 2: Something To Give

EPISODE 2:
"SOMETHING TO GIVE"

OPENING CREDITS

FADE IN

INT. THE TAVERN

SHANE looks about as THE TAVERN was more of the DIVE BAR setting as AUSTIN had told him a few days ago, SHANE taking a seat at a booth as CHARLES, AUSTIN, and another WOMAN, a petite beautiful 26 year old with a hard look. SHANE looks at her as she sits in the inside of the booth by CHARLES as AUSTIN scooted inward as SHANE sits as he notices EMMA working at the bar, taking a shot with a few other UNDEAD MEN.

SHANE
You weren't lying about this place changing up at a whim?

AUSTIN
You know it, how you doing young blood?

SHANE
Alright, got a haircut, met a cute little...vampire I guess at a movie, movie was...different.

CHARLES
Seems like you and the FRINGE are starting to get along pretty well.

SHANE
Well enough.

CHARLES
SHANE, this is NIKKI LYNN, or as she's known by her death name, 54 till 2.

NIKKI
Hello, SHANE.

SHANE
Pleasure, NIKKI.

The TWO shake hands across the table as AUSTIN eyes her, NIKKI not even passing a glance as CHARLES throws a finger up towards EMMA, EMMA smirking as she comes around the BAR towards them.

CHARLES
We usually meet up here unless it's closed or busy.

SHANE
What's going on here?

CHARLES
You're meeting COLBY.

SHANE
Who's COLBY?

AUSTIN
COLBY'S our HANDLER. He passes down the missions, CHARLES looks them over and then assigns them to us.

SHANE
Shouldn't ANTHONY be here?

The GROUP snicker as EMMA comes over as she puts her hand on her hip as she looks them over.

SHANE
What's so funny?

CHARLES
ANTHONY is more of my REAPER. In any case he's not relegated to tactical.

EMMA
Not like COLBY to be late.

CHARLES
I don't think he's late, still got a few more minutes.

EMMA
Why'd you call me over already then if we're...

CHARLES
To help SHANE here understand how this works.

EMMA
Yes, boss.

EMMA touches his SHOULDER as CHARLES smirks as SHANE looks at AUSTIN who was eyeballing NIKKI, NIKKI focusing more on her drink.

SHANE
So COLBY gives CHARLES the missions, which we then have to complete, so who gives him the missions? Or what does?

NIKKI
The SYSTEM determines all the missions, an OVERSEER, which is like a glorified supervisor then vies for the job, depending on the team's track record.

AUSTIN
OVERSEER'S are usually ANGEL or DEMON, they are our ceiling, then it's the HANDLER, then CHARLES here, then it's us. Everything flows down, then back up.

CHARLES
Our OVERSEER is TERESA, she's an ANGEL, and...a stickler for things.

SHANE
A stickler?

EMMA
She's a tight ass basically.

SHANE
Aren't all ANGELS tight asses?

EMMA
Not as much as you'd think.