Episode 8: Last Kind Words

EPISODE 8
"LAST KIND WORDS"

FADE IN

RECAP

COLD OPEN

INT.
EMMA is behind the COUNTER as AJAX hands her a ring of KEYS, EMMA looking over as CHARLES, SHANE, ANTHONY, and NIKKI were sitting in a booth, AUSTIN not far from them as he was conversing with some LADIES a few booths down as other then them were some stragglers here and there.

AJAX
You make sure you close this place up, and make sure none of your friends break anything.

EMMA
That happened once...

AJAX
Fourteen times.

EMMA
Okay, fourteen times...but boss, I got it.

AJAX
Alright. Behave yourself.

EMMA
Aye aye.

AJAX salutes her and heads out as some of the PATRONS clap and wave him off, AJAX waving back as he heads out the door as CHARLES shakes his head as ANTHONY gets up.

ANTHONY
I'm getting the next round.

SHANE
See...that's a good man right there.

CHARLES
One of the good ones.

ANTHONY gets up and heads toward the BAR as NIKKI nudges SHANE with her elbow.

NIKKI
How's the new place?

SHANE
It's nice. It's small...and quaint compared to some of your guys pads but it's good for me.

CHARLES
When's the house warming party?

SHANE
Haha, this is it.

ANTHONY takes a seat at the BAR as EMMA gives a drink to a guy near the end of the BAR as she comes over and sets a tray down, filling some MUGS with an ALE as she smiles at ANTHONY.

EMMA
You guys are drinking like horses to water tonight, what's the special occasion you're excluding me from?

ANTHONY
Excluding? You're the one whose working, besides, it's not that busy you could hang for a bit.

EMMA
I could...but that defeats the purpose of working...I don't have the cushy lush job of sitting in a chair on a set and barking orders all day, eh?

ANTHONY
Haha, darling it's in no way cushy.

EMMA
Coulda fooled me.

EMMA pushes the TRAY over towards ANTHONY who takes it and winks at her, EMMA smiling as AUSTIN notices it from a few tables back as he smirks and goes back to conversing to the three women at the table he was talking too.

As ANTHONY begins walking a MAN bursts through the door, ANTHONY stopping as everyone looks up at him as he is out of breath and bewildered looking.

MAN
Lock this place down, now!

EMMA
Whoa...hold on...

EMMA reaches under the BAR as she goes for her RECLAIMER'S PISTOL, CHARLES doing the same from his spot at the table as SHANE and NIKKI watch carefully.

MAN
You don't understand, it's coming...

EMMA
What is...?

MAN
It's a SERVERIAN!

CHARLES
EMMA, shutters!

EMMA goes and smacks a large button behind the LIQUOR CABINET as CHARLES rushes to the DOOR and locks, SHANE getting out of the booth as he runs over and comes to look outside as CHARLES was watching carefully as SHANE raises an eyebrow.