Part 20: Progress

Finally classes ended for the week and mine and Rome's study time could begin. I was determined to find out more about my dad. Determined to find him and meet him.

Rome was standing outside the great hall, waiting for me. He bowed a little, making me laugh.

"You ready?"

I nodded. "Don't do that again." I said between chuckles.

He laughed and hugged me. He smelled like a mixture of sage, melon, and suede leather. His hair was roughed up like he had been sparring all day.

"You sure you don't want to change?" I eyed him up and down.

He looked at me, and smirked. "What, I don't look good?" He said, doing a little spin and fluffing out his coat.

I laughed again. He really did know how to put a smile on my face.

˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·

Rome walked over to my side of the shuttle and opened the door for me.

"Mi'lady." He said, gesturing his hand away from the car towards the library.

We walked up the steps to the Library of Azul. It still looked just as beautiful as it did the first time. This time, snow gathered on the steps. The two brass lions had piled up with snow, covering every inch but their heads. The windows seemed to almost sparkle with their paintings and the ice collecting on them. It was like a blanket of snow on the ground. I honestly couldn't remember the last time I saw snow. It seemed to shimmer with the lights hitting it, glistening.

Rome and I split up again inside the library, trying to find whatever we could. I wasn't sure if there would be other items on my dad or not, but there had to be somewhere right?

I wandered through the books and articles aisle, eyeing through anything I thought would be important. After what felt like hours looking, I hadn't found anything. Rome came up behind me, holding a tape.

"I think I found something. Maybe we should check it out and take it home?" He handed me the tape.

I turned it around in my eyes, looking for any indication on what could be on it. It was blank on both sides.

"What makes you think this is something on him? It's blank Rome... like..." I looked at him, puzzled.

"It's the only blank tape in rows and rows of other tapes, labeled. How could it not be? If he's wanting to be discreet, this would be the way to do it." He shrugged.

What was he hiding? Did he know something I didn't?

He grabbed the tape from my hand and led me into a conference room and locked the door.

"Rome. What the hell are you doing?"

He placed his finger on my lips.

"Just shush and watch this with me." He said, placing the tape into a player.

A screen lit up on the wall in front of us. Rome went around the room, looking through the windows and shutting all the curtains. Why a conference room had windows, I don't know. And why Rome wanted to shut all the curtains, didn't make sense to me either. Nobody was in the library but us and the librarian.

I looked at the screen as it went from a waterfall to a video of the prince, my dad...

I gasped, taken aback.