Part 5: The Hunt

╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱

 I sat perched up on a tree looking over the view we had. The sun set behind the mountains leaving this dim glow in the horizon. The sky showed colors of faint pink and orange. It was a breathtaking site if I'm being honest. It had been two weeks since we escaped the prison of fantasy kids. Things were going much better now that we had a hang of the world. We found somewhere to settle in for the time being, somewhere secluded and away from all the big city mumbo jumbo.

"Whatcha doin." Asked Raven, positioning herself on the branch below me.

"Just taking in the pretty site. I didn't remember the sky changing colors so often. It's like every night there's something different." She turned her head to view what I was looking at.

"It really is beautiful." She said, reaching her hand up to mine.

In the past two weeks, we had gotten closer. These emotions were something completely different than what I was used to feeling (nothing but hate and fear) So I admit, I was a little scared of the outcome. The rest of the flock had noticed some slight differences here and there between us but we mainly just tried to keep it between us for now. I couldn't let this stray me away from my main focus, keeping us all safe. She made me feel like I had somebody who understood me though.

"What do you say we go and try and figure out some food to eat? I'm sure there's bound to be something good here." I said to the rest of the flock, walking back into our den.

They all nodded, getting up and getting their game face on to hunt. "I saw a deer a few days ago, so there has to be more somewhere in these woods." Said Ziggy.

"Blaise. You, Mickey and Maisie stay here in the den. Ziggy, Raven and I won't be too long."

"Awwh, but we wanna go too!" The three of them said making puppy dog eyes up at me.

"No, this is risky, and I need you three to stay here and be safe. I don't want to risk the idea of you three being caught by anything."

They all lowered their heads in disappointment. "Fine."

·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·

Raven, Ziggy and I gathered behind a tree, going over the game plan. I was going to use my hearing to try and see if I could hear any kind of prey near us, Raven was going to use her super speed to attack the animal we found. And Ziggy was just here to help when it was needed.

For a few minutes, all I heard was silence, but then I heard a crunch to my left about half a mile or so away. *Dear to our left a bit* I thought motioning towards the left. Whispers immersed behind us maybe a mile or two away. I held up my hand once we started moving and tuned into the whispers to see how far or close they were, and I heard faintly "Accalon is maybe fifty miles or so through this area. If I remember right, there's a portal we have to walk through in half that to even reach the area. One that'll only accept fantasy creatures and those alike. We just have to stick it through until then and we'll be fine. They'll take care of us." The voices seemed to be getting closer and closer.

I grabbed onto Ziggy and Raven's arms and put a finger up to my mouth to shush them. "Up ahead, somebody is coming, we need to get as far up in the tree as we can." I whispered quietly. We all spread out our wings and jumped as high as we could to the branches of the nearest tree. I looked down between the leaves, trying my best to be quiet. Something with a body mixed between a fox and a human walked below us, along with another winged creature. Although the person's wings were narrower compared to our flock's.