Part 13: This Isn't Goodbye Forever

╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱
Bright lights flooded through my closed eyelids. I could hear the sounds of machines beeping and people talking in whispers around me. Was I back at the hospital? Did I somehow end back up in the grasp of the only ones I truly feared the most?
"What happened?" Somebody asked in a hushed tone.
"I don't know, all I know was there was fire and then she collapsed." The voice sounded a lot like Nellie's.
So, maybe I wasn't back there. But then where was I? What happened? Was I really from here? I remembered seeing my mother in what seemed like a dream. It was like looking in a mirror, a mirror of seeing my older self. Could it be true? Was I both a witch and an angel? Born of both good and bad? It was the only thing that made sense. The only reason I'd have wings. Which meant that the school for the gifted (hell) hadn't done anything to alter me. But, did I have more powers I didn't know about? More powers that I had yet to figure out? I really just needed to wake up. To wake up and figure out what my mom had meant, to figure out if my flock was okay. The beeping got louder, more hushed voices surrounded me.
"Is she going to be okay?"
"Yes, she will be fine. I feel that the newfound power may have drained her a bit too much. Just give her some time to wake up, and she will be okay. These machines are just to monitor her, to help us know if something goes on. Don't worry." The other voice said before the sound of a sliding door opened and closed.
I was just left with the questions surrounding my fate, the questions surrounding who I really was. Who was my father, was he alive? My mother hadn't told me, just said he was the most well known angel around. And, how did I get my mother back? Who was I supposed to fight? Why were so many people after me when I had no idea who I even was? It seemed like everything had changed so much since we first stepped foot in Accalon. Here I was in what I presumed was a coma, my flock all god knows where, and I had figured out that I was born here, taken from here. That last bit was a lot to take in. Especially when I had believed I had a mother who willingly gave me up. All this time, I was kidnapped, not given to them like I had believed. All this time, I had more power than I thought, more qualities than I thought. This place was bringing out the parts of me I didn't know I had, the parts of me suppressed from experiencing such hell.
A voice sounding like Raven whispered in my ear "We made it to Solaras City my love. Please wake up." Then arms wrapped around me, hugging me, as all the sounds slowly faded out and I slipped back into darkness.
˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·

There I was again, at the beach. The sounds of the waves hitting the shore, palm trees on the land to my left. But, I didn't see the cliff anymore. Was I somewhere different? Sea shells scattered the floor beneath me and crunched as I walked. I walked for about an hour before the cliff came back into view. There it is. The cliff stood, yet nobody was on top. I walked back up to the edge and found a shed I hadn't seen before. It looked homemade from palm tree wood, and other things found throughout the island. As I walked up to it, more came into view. Smoke poured out from the top of the shed, like somebody was inside. Mother. I thought. Before I could even think, my knuckles reached the door and a thump sounded.
"One minute!" Yelled a voice from inside. The door opened up and there my mother stood, surprised. "What're you doing back?"
"It's not like I came here by choice. I'm in a coma, and for some reason I keep fading out into this godforsaken place." I said, throwing my hands in the air.
"Watch your language missy. We'll figure something out."
"I didn't even say anything bad. Plus, you've been gone for 14 years, you can't just expect to come into my life and be all motherly again. I know it wasn't your fault, but I still have believed for 14 years that I was alone, that my mother and father didn't want me, that they just discarded me onto the one place that no kid should ever have to go to." My voice shook as tears welled up in my eyes. She stepped forward toward me, shaken. "I... I thought my parents didn't want me. I was tortured, tested on, treated like a prisoner for 14 years mother... FOURTEEN."
She placed a hand to her heart as tears started forming in her eyes too. "I'm so sorry darling... I didn't... I didn't know that's what you had gone through. But I never, NEVER wanted to give you up. That's why she banished me here, because she knew I'd protect you at all costs." She turned around and walked back.
"And what about my father? Where was he? Why didn't he protect me?"
She turned around and grasped the counter and talked so low it could've been a whisper. "Because he didn't know about you..." My mother then turned back around and looked up at me with teary eyes. "Your father... he didn't know about you. It was forbidden to procreate with a witch as an Angel. We were... we were in love. But once people found out, he had to go back and deny anything happened. But by then, I was pregnant with you. Not enough to show, so he never knew. And he never went back to Valkyrie. Last I heard, he was somewhere in the human world." She tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "But, none of that matters now. We need to figure out a way to wake you from your coma."
She walked back to the counter and rummaged through the cabinets. She pulled something out of the cabinet, a vial with a blueish liquid. "This, this should do the trick. I was saving it for a time when I would need it. I just never knew what that time was." She handed the vial to me. I turned it around in my hands, examining the bluish liquid it contained.
"What-"
"It's a spell. To wake you up. You won't remember much of our talks, but I'll find a way to get back to you. This goodbye isn't forever. I will find a way to have you remember. I will find a way to be reunited with you, my sweet daughter." She placed a hand on my cheek and wiped a single tear away before pushing the vial up to my mouth. The smooth tangy liquid made its way down my throat. For a minute I didn't think it'd work. But then, I faded back into the bright lights and beeping sounds, faded back into the world of Accalon.