Part 2: Breakout

╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱

I opened my eyes and glanced at the clock. 11:45 pm. Fifteen minutes until go time. I've been stressing all night on if we can really pull this off. I didn't doubt we couldn't. But... at the same time I did, knowing how this place worked. Maybe that gave us the advantage though, knowing what happened and when things happened. All I knew was that I needed to keep them safe, and this was the only way to do it, to break free from this prison-like hospital.

*Clink* Our doors clicked open, the alarm sounded. Blaring and shooting red lights throughout the corridor. I glanced down the hall quickly and grabbed my flock to race towards an exit.

"Zig, you got the cameras right?" I turned to him.

"Yup, and like you said, we've got six minutes to get out of here." He wrung his hands nervously.

Guards raced out of the rooms as we passed by. "WINGS!! EVERYBODY NEEDS TO BE PREPARED TO FLY ON MY COUNT!" I yelled back at my flock. We navigated through the few twists and turns of the corridors without being noticed before a guard caught us right in front. The fluorescent light flickered above him making him seem scarier than he looked.

"You guys are going to pay for this." He grunted with a weapon at his side.

"Here comes the time to fight guys." I said, beckoning my flock to stand guard. Raven ran straight for him and ran fast around the guard, creating a gravitational ring around him, making him dizzy. Maisie, the sweet eight year old she is, became invisible and turned up in front of him, kicking him hard in the groin.

"How you like them apples!" She said, sticking her tongue out at him as he crumpled to the ground. Blaise flickered a ball of fire in his hands, getting ready to throw a fireball at him.

More guards started heading our way, closing us in. *Think Sera Think...* I looked up and noticed a window open in the ceiling, *It's now or never* I thought.

"Guys, fly through the window above us, as quick as you can!" I yelled back. I flew up towards the ceiling's window checking behind me if everybody followed my lead. Before we knew it, we could feel the breeze of the wind against our wings. The guards lined the outside of the facility looking for a way to get us down and back into their grasp. Gunshots fired and flew past us, just grazing us. Ziggy flew circles around the bullets, sticking his tongue out at the guards and doing a little taunting dance. We kept flying higher until the facility looked like a tiny ant spec on the ground. I quickly did a head count of everybody to see if we all made it out okay. *Maisie, check. Mickey, check. Blaise, check. Ziggy, check. And Raven, check. Good, everybody's here.*

"WOOHOO WE'RE FREE!!!!!!" Everybody cheered and smiled, doing a little happy dance in the sky. This was what I was meant to do, these are the people I'm meant to be with, the ones I'm meant to lead.

˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˙·

We finally got 25 miles or so away from the facility and found a small cave to rest in for the night above the ground. The flock was exhausted after the whole breakout, me included. "Get some sleep guys, we're going to need it to fly tomorrow. We have to find a better spot to stay." Everybody nodded, yawning. Mickey and Maisie cuddled up next to each other and slowly fell asleep. Blaise slept perched up on a rock inside the cave, Ziggy laid next to me, snoring away. Raven sat against the wall of the cave, staring into the distance ahead of her. I looked at them longingly, then walked out to look outside and sat, letting my feet dangle above the trees.

"We actually did it." Said Raven, coming over to sit next to me. She lightly punched my shoulder. "We couldn't have done it without your lead." She smirked, showing a hint of a dimple on her left side.

Trees rustled in the wind below us, and I could hear an owl faintly *Who... Who* "We did... we aren't out of the clear yet though. We've still got a long way to go." I looked back at my flock, tears welling up in my eyes. I wiped a tear from my face *Don't cry. Don't cry.* Raven looked at me, grabbing my head and pulling it to her chest as I let out a big sigh.

"I know for a fact, we will get through this. As long as you're around, nobody has to worry about a thing." She said, gazing into my eyes and stroking my hair. *Was this what it felt like to be free from that prison? To finally be the one leading and keeping us safe? Tomorrow... Well technically today I guess depending on how you look at it, we had a long day ahead of us.* I slowly fell asleep on Raven's chest, the smooth bum bum bum bum of her heart lulling me to sleep. Everything was going to be okay, after all, we were finally free.

╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱♥⊱╮╰⊱