"I... I will be in the room," he informed everyone before turning to walk but was immediately engulfed in a tight hug. Jungkook was taken aback when Yeonjun cupped his face in his hands and caressed his cheekbones. "I.. I was scared. I f..felt like d..drowning." he whispered. Jungkook stared into his eyes for a minute longer, which were continuously tearing up. "I tho..thought someone was stabbing my heart." Jungkook looked intently into his eyes. Yeonjun closed his eyes before pressing his lips against Jungkook's forehead, but Jungkook moved away first. Yeonjun reluctantly pulled his hands back. "Tae.." Jungkook summoned his husband, who approached him and gripped his shoulder. "I want to go to the room," he stated without breaking eye contact with Yeonjun. Taehyung hummed as he led Jungkook ahead, but not before giving Yeonjun a stern look.

Jungkook walked frantically to the bed as soon as they entered their room. "Tae. I.. Yeonjun.." Jungkook's eyes fluttered in confusion, unable to comprehend the different emotion he saw in Yeonjun's eyes. "Tae. Yeonjun. Yeonjun. I notice something different in his eyes. He.. He does not regard me as his hyung." Jungkook spoke as his terrified gaze met his husband's calm one. "What is happening? Why? Why did it happen?" Jungkook inquired, rubbing his forehead as he began pacing back and forth across the room. "Tae. Is.. Is it because of me? Did I.. Did I give him such a vibe?" he asked Taehyung. "Oh god. How... How did this happen?" he asked, sitting on the bed, stressed out. Taehyung signed, approached him, and crouched down in front of him. "It's not your fault." He spoke while holding his hand. "Yo..you knew it?" Jungkook asked. Taehyung gave a gentle nod. "You.. You could have said to me. How will I be able to confront him now, and how will I live peacefully here?" Jungkook inquired, his gaze drawn to Taehyung. "That's why. That's why I didn't tell you. You will become uncomfortable around my family. You will find it even difficult to sit and eat at the same table or sit on the same couches in the same room. You will blame yourself most of all. You will distance yourself from the family, which is something I never wanted. They absolutely adore you. Beyond that, you value their concern and love for you. So, I know you will be disappointed. That's why." Taehyung said. Jungkook looked at Taehyung. I do not want my family to make you uncomfortable. Above all, I.. I want my f.. family to be as harmonious, happy, and fl.. flawless as it is now." Taehyung's eyes filled with tears. "If anyone finds out, they will outburst. All of the peace we currently enjoy will be lost. That's why, I didn't bother to inform you. And... I... I know how to keep you safe from anyone." Taehyung said. "Mm. But you were overly stressed, Tae." Jungkook spoke, caressing his hair. "I can handle the stress, Jungkook. But I do not want you to take it, especially at this time," he said, forcing him to stand. "Mm. But I am feeling awkward. As you said, I don't know how I will be able to talk to him again." Jungkook said. "Mm. I have gotten to know you better. You are like a tortoise. You will now shrink back into your shell. Taehyung said, kissing his forehead. "Come. Let's take a shower. I also feel sticky. And this.. This hospital smell will go away. You will feel refreshed, even though it's for body only yet it's good." he said.

Taehyung stripped Jungkook and himself, and they stood beneath the shower head. Jungkook's eyes welled up with tears when he saw that the water that washed away their dirt had turned red. Taehyung sighed deeply and hugged him from behind. "We should buy that, right?" Taehyung inquired, tucking his chin against Jungkook's shoulder and gently swaying their bodies while tightly wrapping his hands around Jungkook's waist. Jungkook nodded. "I will go buy it later," he said, kissing his shoulder. After that, neither of them said anything. They simply stood under the shower, soothing themselves with the hot water sprinkling out of the pipe and the warmth they felt from each other's bodies.

Taehyung dried Jungkook's hair and body and made him sit on the bed after dressing him. "Let me layer you with one more sweatshirt." Taehyung said, turning to go to the closet, but Jungkook grabbed his hand and stood up. He made Taehyung sit on the bed and removed the bath towel from his grasp. "You will fall ill." He said, drying Taehyung's hair thoroughly. "I will recover quickly if I get a fever, but you won't." He spoke while wiping his face. Jungkook brushed his hand through his black hair and smiled softly. "Sleep. You have not slept properly." He spoke and kissed Taehyung's lips. Taehyung nodded, giving Jungkook heart eyes.

They were both settling into bed when they heard a faint knock at the door. Taehyung went to open the door and saw his mother standing there with a tray of food. "Oh, you took a bath?" she inquired. "Let us eat something and then sleep," she said, walking into the room. She kept the tray on the table, handed Taehyung the bowl of soul, and took one in her hand. "I.. I will feed you." she said. Jungkook gave a nod, opened his mouth, and let her feed him.

"Wh.. when Yoongi was seven months old, I.. I conceived again." She gazed at Jungkook and began. "It was an unexpected one. We were going through a financial hardship at the time. We could hardly keep our stomachs full, but we decided to keep him. But one day, I felt a cramp and started bleeding. Your father was at work that time and I was at home. I... I had no idea what was happening. Because of the excruciating pain, all I could do was cry alongside two babies who were too young to understand what pain was. Seojoon was only three at the time, and Yoongi was six months old. Later when we went to the hospital, we got to know that we.. We.. lost him. We went through a very difficult phase that time. I did not know how your father dealt with it because... I never asked. I only expressed my grief. I assumed that pain was limited to me. But I was mistaken. I had no idea that when I shut myself down, it hurt your father, your hyungs, the people around us, and those who adore us." Mrs Kim gently caressed Jungkook's cheeks and fed him another spoon. "I remember talking to the sky that I was sorry, that my body had failed us, that I could not try hard enough, I would have done anything to keep my baby, but it was not enough. He left, hopefully for a better place. Then I tried for 12 months to get a positive test. Unfortunately I could not. I even lost hope. I began cursing my body without even realizing that it had already given birth to two children. After three years of constant struggle, we finally got our Tae. We were fortunate to have him when I had given up hope of becoming a mother again." Mrs Kim wiped away her tears and cupped Taehyung's hand. "A child, no matter how many they have, is always special to their mother. I think of that baby now also. Was it a girl or a boy? If they were with us right now, they could be living here with us, just like you." She smiled gently. "So what I am saying is, grieve however you want. Take as long as you want, but do not shut anyone out. Allow others to support you and share in your sadness. Mm? And I... believe in miracles, Jungkook. I firmly believe in it. Life experiences have led me to believe in it." Mrs. Kim wiped her tears and kissed Jungkook's forehead. "Come down whenever you want. Call Mom if you need anything," she said. Jungkook wiped his eyes before nodding. She collected the dishes and went out of the room after ruffling Taehyung's messy hair.

Taehyung closed the door behind her and joined Jungkook on the bed. "I.. I love your family, Tae. I want to be a part of it forever. I do not want any drama in our household. I want it like this." Jungkook said, snuggling into Taehyung's chest. Taehyung hummed, caressed, and kissed his hair before falling asleep.

..to be continued..