3.6 Scream The Night Away

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
'No grave can hold my body down'
- Work Song, Hozier
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Parrish, in Hellhound-mode, has burned through one of the doors to the closed unit with his super strength. The flames covering his body fade away, leaving only the veins of molten lava throughout his chest and back that glow the same color as his eyes.

His fangs and claws are still out as he walks down the hallway, growling menacingly at the Chimera Pack, who is gaping at him in surprise, since it is the first time they have seen his full Hellhound form.

Tracy, who is in her usual partial-Kanima form, is pinning Valack against the wall by the throat as Theo smirks in satisfaction at the sight of Parrish in front of them.

Unbeknownst to either of them, Stiles is in the adjacent hall, watching this confrontation from around the corner as Parrish continues to slowly stalk toward them.

Josh extends his fangs and claws in preparation for a fight while Theo rushes into the nearby room, grabs the still-weak and woozy Lydia and holds her in a choke-hold as well to use as leverage against Parrish, who growls at him threateningly. "Back off."

Parrish ignores him and continues to walk toward the group, and Lydia looks horrified as Theo tightens his grip so much that her neck starts to bleed where his claws are digging into her skin, making it clear that he's fearful of what Parrish could do. "I said, back off."

Parrish continues to pay no attention to his orders, so Theo jerks his head toward Josh, Corey, and Tracy as a gesture to move. "Take him."

Corey looks terrified, and scoffs incredulously as he looks at Theo as though he's crazy. "The guy's on fire!"

Theo groans in annoyance at Corey's lack of fearlessness. "You'll heal. Do it!"

Corey hesitates, while Tracy, eager to fight and happy to follow Theo's orders without question, drops Valack onto the floor and hisses loudly as she lunges for Parrish, jamming her claws into his stomach to paralyze him.

Unfortunately for Tracy, Parrish seems to be immune to Kanima venom and simply gives her an unimpressed look before hitting her in the temple with his elbow with so much force that she's thrown against the bulletproof-glass door. She's briefly knocked unconscious when her head slams against the wall, which causes her to collapse onto the floor in a heap.

Josh takes Tracy's defeat as a cue to leap into action, using his super-strength to break one of the metal tubes that protect the wires running through the building so he can siphon electricity from the cables and shock Parrish.

However, just as with Tracy, Josh's learns the hard way when he pierces Parrish's shoulder with his glowing purple claws that his electrokinesis also has no effect on him whatsoever.

Josh turns back to Theo with a horrified and panicked expression before shouting at him. "Theo, this isn't working!"

Theo looks equally panicked when he realizes his pack is essentially powerless against the Hellhound as Parrish shoves Josh in the chest and knocks him against the wall. He bounces off and lands on the floor next to the barely-conscious Tracy, who is still recovering from her own injuries.