3.4 Unnecessary Evil

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
'Please stay, I want you, I need you'
- Beautiful Things, Benson Boone
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Atlas didn't understand how one person could make you lose your damn mind overnight. Liam was making Atlas go insane, but Atlas didn't understand why.

Atlas still couldn't believe that they had kissed. Liam was now sat opposite Atlas in his car, at the lookout point, contemplating everything that had gone on since Atlas went to find Kira with Scott and Stiles.

"He still hasn't said a word according to Anna" Liam explains with a sigh. "The doctors told her that he had hypothermia and is in a coma."

"He's a werewolf!" Atlas scoffs with an eye roll as he leans back into his seat. "He shouldn't have hyperthermia, he should have healed at this point."

"Atty" Liam sighs as he runs a hand through his hair, looking at the boy. "I know you've thought about it-"

"Li" Atlas interrupts, groaning, "he can't be human. He has survived for this long, gone through so much bullshit, this can't be what kills the guy."

"But he isn't dead" Liam states, shrugging. "He has a chance to be normal again. He has the chance to finally do what he has never been able to do before."

"I don't know if James knows normal. He was raised by that damn pack since he was born. James Morgan has never had a normal life."

"Well now is his opportunity. He can turn over a new leaf once he heals. Let's stop talking about James, let's talk about us."

"Us? I thought you said we weren't anything."

"I said I'd consider it if you came home alive, and you did. Then you decided to pour your heart out to me last night."

"What sticker do I get then Dunbar?" A smirk spreads across Atlas' face as he leans further back into his seat.

"The boyfriend sticker."

"That sounds fun."

"Oh trust me it is Atty." Liam hums in amusement before reaching over and pulling Atlas in for a kiss. Atlas melts into Liams touch and continues to passionately kiss the boy, his smirk growing.

Atlas moves into the hospital room to find James sat on the edge of the bed with Anna in the armchair, smiling. "Atlas."

"Hey guys" Atlas grins as he moves deeper into the room. "I'm glad to know you're not dead James."

"Me to" James responds. "And before you ask, I'm not a werewolf anymore."

"What?"

"I'm human."

"Jam-"

"Atlas don't worry about it, just because I'm human it doesn't mean that I can't handle myself. I'm going to get my revenge, no matter what."

Atlas looks from James to Anna, who is now standing up, "have you slept?"

"Off and on" Anna responds with a shrug, she points at the chair behind her, "that chair isn't the most comfortable thing ever."