2.4 State of mind

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
'Bring the action'
- Scream & Shout, will.i.am
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Tracy was buried?" Scott questions as the three of us rush through the hallways of the hospital. Lydia was attacked by Tracy.

"Buried alive" I correct. "Crawled out. Then, we found another hole."

"Who was buried in that one?" Scott questions as he looks between me and Liam.

"We don't know" Liam shrugs. "But I think we're gonna want to find out."

Atlas, Liam, Theo, Stiles, Scott, Kira and Malia are all sat across the waiting area outside of Lydia's room. The older bunch are staring across at Atlas and Liam, who are both sleeping. Atlas with his head on Liams shoulder and Liams head on top of Atlas'.

"Am I the only one that kinda sees it?" Kira blurts out as she smiles as she watches the younger pair. "I mean they would be cute together."

"Smartass is with Hazel" Stiles states. "There is no chance of these two happening."

"Not for much longer" Scott sings as he looks down the hallway. The four of them all turn and see Hazel striding towards them, looking pissed off.

"Atlas!" Hazel yells.

Atlas' eyes open quickly as he nearly falls on his face. Atlas stands and turns to Hazel in confusion, "what?"

"I've been calling you" Hazel tells the boy as she holds up her phone. "No answer all day. What's up with you?"

"Nothing" Atlas pleads with a scoff. "There's nothing up with me."

"You've been distancing yourself ever since we got back to school" Hazel states. "Is it because we're fucking now?"

Atlas looks down awkwardly as he runs a hand through his hair, "kinda."

Hazel scoffs as she chuckles before slapping Atlas across the face. "You're a dick, Jackson!"

"Yeah I know" Atlas smirks as he looks back at the girl. "I think it would be best if we don't see each other again. You want a relationship Hazel, I don't do relationships. I'm not your type of guy."

Hazel rolls her eyes before striding back down the hallway, the way she came from moments before.

Once she turns the corner, Atlas does a silent cheer. "Sorry that was rude." He falls back into the chair beside Liam with a sigh.

"You never wanted anything with her did you?" Scott realises as the group all turn to Atlas. "You were just dragging it out."

"We were drunk the first time it happened" Atlas states. "We haven't had a single sober interaction. She wants me to commit to her, I don't want to do that."

"What was that?" Malia questions. "First sober interaction?"

"I don't know if she was sober" Atlas shrugs as he grabs his leather jacket from behind. "I definitely am not."

Melissa McCall then comes out of Lydia's room, preventing anyone from asking any further questions. "How bad is it?" Stiles asks.

"Could have been worse" Melissa shrugs as we all move to stand around her. "Theo, nice going on that tourniquet. You probably saved her life. All right. She's about to go into surgery, so it's going to be a while. Any other supernatural details that I need to know about, or do we just stitch her up and hope for the best?"