1.2 Helping Out A Fellow Howler

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
'I say that I hate you with a smile on my face'
- Favourite Crime, Olivia Rodrigo
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So are we going to talk about the elephant in the room?" Giagiá questions as I drive from the hospital.

"Well technically it's in the car not the room" I shrug awkwardly.

"Atlas you're avoiding it" Giagiá states.

I sigh, "fine. How do you know?"

"I was there when your father was bitten" Giagiá explains. "He did it to save me. When your father was a teenager he had a big habit of disappearing. One night I went out to find him and a werewolf came after me, your father stepped in and got bitten."

"And then the gene got passed onto me."

"I didn't know for definite until i saw the way you reacted to that howl in the hospital, I knew that you were one too. I also had suspicions when you wouldn't tell me how they were killed. So how were they killed?"

"Hunters. I don't know much else. That's part of the reason I came back here. I knew there was a reason we left when I was a kid and I want to find out. I also want these hunters dead."

"Now you sound like a Jackson."

I knock on Scott's door and wait patiently for an answer. He opens the door and stares back at me, from one look I can tell he's worrying, he also reeks of anxiety. "Thank god it's you."

I smile as I walk into Scott's house and close the door behind me. "I'd like the think that I'm going to be tons of help but I have no clue what's going on. I don't have that much experience with werewolves."

"Wait what?"

"There's not many werewolves back in England, besides I was too focused on trying to control myself than mingling with the rest of the werewolf world."

"You can control yourself, right?"

"Mostly I guess." I shrug as I move to go upstairs, not wanting to talk about this anymore.

"Atlas-"

"I'm fine McCall. I don't need any help. I can survive a full moon on my own."

"But you've never experienced one like this before."

I turn back to face Scott and take a few steps closer to him so we're face to face. "I swear if you mention my parents I will kick your ass."

The door swings open and Stiles rushes inside, he sees what he's interrupted and turns to Scott confused. "What?"

"What did you tell your dad?" Scott questions as he takes a few steps away from me but still keeping his eyes on me.

"I told my dad everything I could" Stiles explains as the pair of them begin to make their way up the stairs, I follow.

"But you didn't tell him about Liam?" Scott questions.

"You barely told me about Liam!" Stiles argues. "What did you do with him, anyway?"

"He's upstairs" Scott shrugs awkwardly.

"Doing what?"

"Lying down."

The three of us stand in Scott bathroom as Scott draws back the shower curtain to reveal Liam in the bath bounded with duct tape around his legs and arms and covering his mouth.