1.6 False Death

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
'What could I have said to raise you from the dead?'
- Fourth of July, Sufjan Stevens
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So it turns out while me and Liam were figuring out my prophecy the other day the rest of the pack were dying inside the school.

One of the assassins spread a sickness and tried to kill them all, luckily, Scott's mom and Deaton figured out a cure. When me or Liam have asked it's obvious that none of them want to talk about it.

I also told Liam to keep the prophecy a secret between us because u don't what anyone to find out just yet. They all seem like the worrying type.

Me, Liam, Scott, Kira and Stiles are all gathered in Scott's kitchen with our laptops placed on the table. "Is four enough?" Kira questions as she looks between the four of us.

"Depends on how many cameras they have" Stiles shrugs as he runs a hand through his hair. "But I think so."

"Are we really doing this?" Liam questions. He looks lost. This plan is insane and there isn't room for anyone to fuck it up.

"We're doing it" Scott responds, "tonight."

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam says.

"It's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic" I correct with a shrug. "That means it's right up my alley."

"Have you guys done something like this before?" Liam asks as he looks at Scott and Stiles.

"Something dangerous?" Stiles questions. "Or something idiotic?"

"I think it's a yes to both" Kira tells the boy. Stiles nods in agreement.

Scott turns to Liam. "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to."

"I'm not scared!" Liam protests. He is scared out of his mind.

"Then you're borderline idiotic" Stiles grins as he pats Liams shoulder.

"If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us" I state as I look across at Scott. "You know that, right? And you've considered the possibility that someone could show up and kill us all?"

"How do we know something's definitely coming?" Kira shrugs.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required" Scott explains.

"Simon said the same thing" Stiles states, "he couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"So, the idea is" I realise, "what if you kill someone on the Deadpool, but you can't send the proof?"

"You don't get paid" Kira deadpans.

"But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?" Liam questions.

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead" Scott states.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list" stiles adds.

"So, if he wants visual confirmation" I begin. "He's going to have to come himself."

"Are you guys totally sure about this?" Liam questions with wild eyes. I can tell he is having second thoughts about this plan.