Tʜᴇ Fᴏx ᴀɴᴅ Tʜᴇ Wᴏʟғ

______________________________________

Ariane stands at the service desk with Derek and Argent. Somehow, the charges were dropped. Ariane didn't know how, but she wasn't complaining. She shoves her phone, wallet, and keys in her pockets.

"Sorry, but I can't let you walk out with this." Parrish says holding up Argent's taser, "It's way above the legal voltage limit."

"I only use it for hunting."

"Yeah, well, I'm pretty sure you could use it to jump-start a 747."

"This property belongs to me and the charges were dropped." Argent says before turning to Ariane and Derek, "Although, I'm not exactly sure who's responsible for that."

"I am." Stilinski says, "I'll take care of this, Parrish."

"Sheriff, I'm not kidding." Parrish says leaning toward him, "This thing's a few watts from being a lightsaber."

Stilinski takes the taser from him, "I said I'll take care of it."

He looks at the others and nods towards his office. They follow him in as he heads to his desk. Derek closes the door behind him.

"The specialist I saw in LA told me the thing that every doctor says when he's trying to avoid a lawsuit." Stilinski says, "We can't say for sure." And then I spoke with Melissa." He pulls out two pictures, "These are brain scans. My wife's and Stiles'. I knew they were similar."

Argent takes the pictures and overlaps them as Stilinski continues, "But those are the same. Exactly the same."

"And I'm guessing this isn't possible ?" Derek says

"Not even remotely."

"So the trickster is still playing tricks." Ariane says as Argent sets the pictures down.

Derek sighs, "But why this trick ?"

Stilinski looks down, "When I was in the Army, an officer told me, "If you want to defeat your enemy, "you don't take away their courage. You take away their hope."

"You don't look like a man who gives up hope easily." Argent says

"But Stiles might." Stilinski nods, "If this thing inside him, if it's using his mother's disease as some sort of psychological trick, then this isn't just a fight for his body. It's also a fight for his mind. Right ?"

"You know, he's left people severely injured." Argent says

Ariane tilts her head, "And others severely dead."

"That's why I need the three of you. I need people who are experienced in this kind of thing. I need you to help me stop him."

Argent turns to him, "And by stop him, you mean trap him."

Stilinski nods before handing him his taser. As Argent takes it, he raises his brows at Stilinski.

______________________________________