Aɴᴄʜᴏʀs (2)

______________________________________

Luisa and Ariane stand in the middle of the woods. Ariane set up a target practice for Luisa. Luisa knew that if she wanted her sister to trust her when she helped Scott and Stiles, she had to let her train her.

Ariane stands behind Luisa as she holds up the crossbow. Luisa aims it toward a tree that had a red ball taped to it. Each time Luisa successfully hit a ball, Ariane would tape a smaller ball to the tree.

Luisa lets out a deep breath before she shoots. The arrows flies out and just misses the ball. Luisa groans as she brings the crossbow to her side.

"Seriously ?"

"That's not bad. It's pretty good actually." Ariane says walking toward the tree.

"That's the third time I've missed it."

"You're learning, Luisa. It's not gonna come that easily to you."

"It does to you."

Ariane takes the arrow out of the tree before turning to Luisa, "That's because Dad had been training me since I was like 10 and trust me I struggled."

Luisa takes the arrow from Ariane before loading it into the crossbow. Ariane and Luisa turn as they hear a scream. Luisa's eyes widen as she sees an arrows inches away from Lydia's face. The only reason it didn't hit her was because of Isaac stopping it. They then see Allison apologizing profusely.

"She almost took her head off." Luisa says shocked

"I know." Ariane mumbles. She hesitates before she steps back.

Luisa turns and frowns, "Are you serious ?"

"Don't wanna end up like her." Ariane shrugs

Luisa sighs annoyed before aiming the crossbow at the tree again, "You're so annoying."

Ariane laughs as Luisa shoots the arrow.

______________________________________

The next day, Luisa sat at a table outside with her friends. Lydia, Allison, and Isaac on one side and Stiles, Luisa, and Scott on the other.

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things ?" Scott says

"And is unable to tell what's real or not ?" Stiles says

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives ?" Allison adds

Luisa furrows her brows. She hadn't realized how crazy it sounded out loud.

"They're all locked up because they're insane." Isaac says looking up

"Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please ?" Stiles says

"For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me."

"Hey, dude, are you still milking that ?"

"Yeah, maybe I am still milking that."

Luisa turns to Stiles with wide eyes, "What ?"

"Hi." A girl interrupts. The teens turns to her, "Hi, sorry. I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about. And I think I actually might know what you're talking about. There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called "Bardo." It literally means "in-between state." The state between life and death."

"And what do they call you ?" Lydia says

"Kira." Scott says. Everyone turns to him as he looks around, "She's in our History class."

"Oh, well hi Kira." Luisa smiles. The girl smiles appreciatively.

"So are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian ?" Lydia says

"Either, I guess." Kira says as she sits beside Stiles, "But all the stuff you guys were just saying ? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can be visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."

"Wrathful deities ? And what are those ?" Isaac says

"Like demons."

"Demons." Stiles repeats, "Why not ?"

"Hold on, if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one ?" Allison says

"Death. You die." Kira nods

Luisa's jaw drops slightly as the table goes silent. Kira obviously hadn't know the seriousness of what she had just explained. Luisa takes a deep breath as she tucks her hair behind her ear.

______________________________________

Luisa didn't know why she had let Scott convince to go out into the middle of the woods this late at night. She didn't even know what they were looking for exactly. All she knew was they were looking for a body of some sorts.

"You know, if my dad's right, that means there's another werewolf in town that we haven't met yet." Stiles says

"I know." Scott says

"If it turns out to be something like triplets that form into, like, a three-headed hound of hell, I'm seriously not up for that."

"Yeah. Me either. Especially if I can't even control my own transformation anymore."

"Isn't this how you ended up becoming a werewolf in the first place ? Walking through the woods in the middle of the night not knowing exactly what you're looking for ?" Luisa says as the three continue on

Luisa and Stiles jump as they hear a howl. Stiles grabbing onto Scott causing him to drop his phone into a puddle.

Stiles freezes as Scott looks over at him, "Sorry, buddy. I hate coyotes so much. They always sound like they're mauling some tiny, helpless little animal."

Scott jumps down to grab his phone. Luisa following behind him with Stiles carefully coming down, but ultimately slipping. Luisa laughs as he tries to stand up straight.

"It still works." Scott says wiping his screen off.

"Let me see the flashlight." Stiles says looking forward. He takes the light from Scott as he walks forward, "I think we found it."

Scott follows behind Luisa as they walk toward a car, "Uh- Why wouldn't they move it ? Isn't it evidence ?"

"Probably too much of a pain in the ass to tow out." Stiles says as they get closer, "Look at this. See those ?"

Scott puts his hand up to the claw marks as he traces them, "Animal claws would be closer together, right ? A lot closer."

"Then it was a werewolf." Luisa says

"So, my dad was right." Stiles says before bending down. He shines the flashlight into the car looking around.

"What is that ?" Scott points. Stiles reaches in and grabs what Scott pointed to before standing up.

"It's a babydo-" Luisa starts but is cut off by the toy talking. She and Stiles yell as he throws the toy down. Luisa and Scott backing up as Stiles falls back.

"I think I just had a minor heart attack." Stiles rambles as Scott holds his hand to his chest. Luisa sighs heavily as she puts her hands on her knees.

"Hey- Please tell me you guys see that." Scott says holding his hand out. Luisa and Stiles carefully step closer to Scott. Both seeing two glowing eyes.

"I see it."

"Me too." Luisa says. Before she knows it, Scott runs off, "Wait, hey, Scott !"

"Scott, wait !" Stiles yells

______________________________________