Tʜᴇ Gɪʀʟ Wʜᴏ Kɴᴇᴡ Tᴏᴏ Mᴜᴄʜ

______________________________________

Luisa jumps out of the jeep as soon as it stops. She and Stiles look around as Scott takes his helmet off.

"Where is she ?" Stiles says

"Over here." Allison says as she and Lydia come into view. Luisa and Stiles jog over to them with Scott following behind them.

"Lydia ?"

"It's the same thing. Same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. And you told me to call you if there's a dead body."

"You found a dead body ?" Luisa says

"Not yet."

"Not yet ? What do you mean "not yet" ? Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body." Stiles says

"Oh, no, I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on."

"How are we supposed to find the dead body ? You're always the one finding the dead body."

"Guys." Scott calls out. The four teens look over, "I found the dead body."

Luisa's breath hitches at the sight of the deputy lying on the school entrance sign. Blood pooling under her.

______________________________________

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes, all tools the writer uses to tell their story." Ms. Blake says as she walks around the class. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents."

"You and every guy I've ever dated." Lydia smirks. Luisa furrows her brows as Ms. Blake seems taken aback.

"Oh, um, well, that was an idiom, by the way. Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying "jump the gun" is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race, or a phrase like "seeing the whole board."

"Like chess." Stiles mutters

"That's right, Stiles. Do you play ?"

"Uh, no. My father does."

She nods before she continues walking, "Now, when does an idiom become a cliche ?"

"I think I can get to Ethan. I'm pretty sure I can make him talk." Scott whispers

"What do you want to do that for ?" Stiles says

Scott looks back to Luisa who was sat behind him. The girl looks up as he continues, "The druids are emissaries, right ? So what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas ?"

"Okay, first of all, I cannot believe that we've gotten to the point where a sentence like "what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas ?" Actually makes sense to me. Second of all, we're gonna have a huge problem getting to Ethan."