Rɪᴅᴅʟᴇᴅ (3)

______________________________________

Luisa walks over to Scott. The boy putting books in his bag as Lydia stands beside him. She notices Lydia wincing. "You okay ?"

Scott looks over as Lydia sighs, "Yeah. I'm just a little hyper-sensitive to loud sounds today."

She jumps again as her head snaps to look down the hall. Scott turns back to his locker, "They're doing tests on Stiles all afternoon. We were going to go over at around 6:00 to visit. You want to come with us ?"

"I should probably just go home." She says before she jumps. Luisa's brows furrow as Scott looks down the hall for any sign of what could be making Lydia so jumpy.

"You sure you're okay ?" Luisa asks softly

"Yeah. I'll text you guys later." She says before walking off. Scott and Luisa watch her before she turns down the hall.

______________________________________

Luisa wrings her hands together as she stands beside Scott. Stiles was sat on a hospital bed beside them. Melissa and Stilinski standing with the doctor a little away from them.

"I'm not sure I know how to pronounce this. Or if it's not actually a misspelling." The doctor says

"Just call him Stiles." Stilinski nods

"Okay." He nods before turning to Stiles, "Stiles, just to warn you, you're going to hear a lot of noise during the MRI. It's due to pulses of electricity going through metal coils inside the machine. Uh, if you want we can get you earplugs or headphones."

"Oh, no, no, I don't need anything." Stiles says

"Hey, we're just on the other side of that window. Okay ?" Stilinski reassures

"Okay." Stiles nods before patting his shoulder. Stilinski smiles before he and Melissa follow the doctor out. Stiles turns to his friends, "You know what they're looking for, right ? It's called frontotemporal dementia. Areas of your brain start to shrink. It's what my mother had. It's the only form of dementia that can hit teenagers. And there's no cure."

Luisa sighs shakily as she looks down. Scott wipes at the tears coming down his face. "Stiles, if you have it, we'll do something. I'll do something."

Stiles doesn't hesitate to pull Scott in for a hug. Luisa watches them as tears fill her eyes. As they pull away, Stiles looks over at her. "Come here."

Luisa blinks back tears as she walks over to him. As he pulls her in, his arms go around her waist. Luisa sighing as hers go around his neck. He gives her a small squeeze before they pull away.

•••

Ariane pulls in beside Derek as they make it to the hospital. Ariane getting out and shutting her door as Kira and Derek get out of the latter's car. Derek and Ariane start to make their way to the hospital, but Derek notices Kira's hesitancy.

"I don't know if I should go in. You're going to tell Scott that Barrow might have used foxfire created by me to jump start the Nogitsune's power inside Stiles." Kira says as Derek and Ariane walk closer to her.

"Yeah." Derek says

"Basically that I helped a dark spirit take control of his best friend."

They then realize why Kira was hesitant. Ariane nods, "You should probably wait here."

Kira nods back as the two turn back toward the hospital.

______________________________________

Scott, Luisa, Ariane, and Derek sat outside of Stiles' hospital room. When Derek and Ariane first walked over, they had gotten extremely surprised looks from the two teens. Luisa giving her sister a look that only Ariane could read. Ariane giving her sister a look back telling her not to say anything.

Ariane noticed the amount of teasing looks she got from her sister as they sat across from each other. It annoyed her to no end and Luisa knew that which is why she kept doing it.

"You know the stuff you were telling me about chemo signals earlier ?" Scott speaks up breaking the silence, "It reminded me of the time you were teaching me to use anger to control the shift."

Derek smiles, "I think you ended up teaching me more about that."

Scott mirrors his expression, "Are you teaching me again ?"

"Think of it more like sharing a few trade secrets. You know, I took Cora back to South America, right ? It's where she spent most of her time after the fire. But that's not the only reason I left. I needed to talk to my mother."

Luisa frowns as Scott raises his brows, "Your dead mother ?"

"She told me something that changed my perspective on a lot of things. She said that my family didn't just live in Beacon Hills. They protected it. This town needs someone to protect it. Someone like you."

"And someone like you to teach me a few trade secrets." Scott says. Luisa sits up as she notices the look on his face. Ariane looking up as Scott stands.

"What ?" Derek says

"He was trying to protect us. Stiles was protecting us." Scott says

"From himself." Luisa says. The four quickly run off to the roof of the building.

"What are we looking for ?" Ariane says as they all spread out.

"I'm not sure. But I think Stiles wasn't just up here struggling with himself. I think he was struggling not to do something." Scott says. He then hops up on a machine before reaching up. They step back as he pulls a bag down.

As it hits the ground, a bunch of tools and wires fall out. Confusion fuels each person standing there. Scott looks up again and his face falls.

They all look up and see a wire that seemed like someone tried to cut through it. Scott comes down as they hear a surge of sorts. Ariane's brows furrow as they turn back to the machine that Scott was just on.

They step back as the machine explodes. Ariane putting her hand out in front of Luisa. Luisa's eyes were wide as the wire that Stiles was cutting at rips and starts to fly around. She and Ariane step further back as the wire hangs off of the building.

"Shit."

______________________________________