Chapter 4: New Roommates PT: 1

Start from the beginning

After that we decided that it was time to get going. Even though people would say that if I had the energy or if I was feeling well enough to go hang out with Harley that I could go to work. But I did it because well, we felt like it. That and after what had happened with Joker last night had hit all the local news stations. Batman had been said to be the Hero of that whole thing and of course they believed it because it's Batman. It was also so that Harley and Ivy didn't get the light shined on them after Ivy had just gotten out of Arkham and Harley just got done with Task Force X and Waller.

Yeah, she told me about all of that during our "not a date". She even went so far as to tell me about the bombs that had been stuck in their necks to keep them in line.
"Waller had the biggest stick up her ass that I had eva seen!"
Harley exclaimed as she held her hands apart and gestured to about how big the stick was.
"Howeva my record is completely clean now thanks to that! I finally did enough Suicide Missions to get outta the slammer and the system."

I then raised my fist in the air as I shouted out.
"I fought the law and the law won!!"

"I needed money because I had none!!"
Harley continued.

"I fought the law and the law won!!"
The two of us sang in unison once more as we shared a laugh.

When we had gotten back to my place it was a mess of police tape, broken drywall, shell casings, and blood. More than half of the doors on the first floor had been opened up. People were scurrying about within their apartments and quickly gathering of their things. It didn't take a blind man to see that they were all scared. The whole building had been ransacked and shot up by the Joker just the night before. But people weren't waiting around to see if he would come back or not. The one tiny plus that came out of all this with the fact that no one knew that he was here for Harley. Which funny enough no one really bothered to take a close look at her and actually see that it was her walking through the halls.

Even so we hurried up to my place as quickly as we could so that way no one would get the nerve to start anymore shit. When we got inside and I locked the door behind us I made sure that no one was coming towards the door through the peep hole.
"Looks like no one saw us."
I said as Harley sat her things on the counter.

It wasn't until that I turned around that I saw that my place had also been trashed. Purple and green spray paint littered the walls and said things like;

"Joker Rulz & Batman Drulz"

I immediately shook my head and sighed.
"These idiots coulda used a lesson in spelling."
Harley said as she turned around to look at me.
"You don't seem surprised."
I simply shrugged in reply.

"Yeah well, there I've been times when my dad gets so drunk that my mom would actually take us over to her friend's house for the night or we would camp out in the Walmart parking lot until about 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning."
I say as I hobbled my way to my room and grabbed a small metal case with a flaming skull and crossbones on it that shined like silver. Harley was standing in the doorway when I turned back around.
"When we had gotten back, the house was pretty much looking like how the rest of the building is. Holes in the drywall, busted furniture, even purple paint saying that my mother was a cheating slut, dirty whore, and everything else that you could call her under the sun."
I then opened up the case to show her several perfectly wrapped blunts and she gave me a Cheshire Cat smile.

"So am I to guess it right when I say that your a smoker more than a drinker cause of all that?"
She asked as I nodded.

"Damn straight, not that I don't enjoy an occasional Jack & Coke or Bacardi like the next guy but I still prefer the buzz I get from old Mary Jane then I would get from booze."
Then a thought occured to me as I stopped just before I put the blunt between my lips.
"Ivy wouldn't have anything against this would she, technically I'm burning a plant soooo..."