Chapter L - "Remember last night?"

I gently set Ollie down on my bed. He was snoozing peacefully on my pillow.

While I was driving, Molly told me to keep him until we could explain ourselves properly. How should I explain how it went? Well, it went a little like this.

Molly: Before I pass out, take Ollie.

Me: What?

Molly: I'm not taking him home.

Me: Where am I supposed to bring him?

Molly: I don't fucking know, Steph. Are you homeless? Put him on your bed. Don't you think about putting him on your couch. Sleep with him.

Me: *Brakes the car* What?!?

Molly: I meant if you didn't have a couch then sleep with him on the same bed! Jesus Christ!

Ollie: *Sleeping*

I guess that's how he wound up in my bed.

I changed, presumably shoving vomited pants away, and put on a t-shirt with a corny print.

I walked back to my bed and looked at Ollie. He was sleeping so soundly. His delicate face, the curves of his nose, the plush of his lips. I felt something in my heart twist. Turning and jumping.

Hesitantly, I slowly lay on the side of my bed, awkwardly pulling the blanket to my chest.

Oh my God!, I thought, Why won't my heart stop pounding!

The boy of my dreams was sleeping beside me, in my bed, and—

"Hmph . . . " Ollie turned, hugging my arm, hand on my chest.

He was so close. I smelt the peppermint wax from his hair and felt his warmth against my skin. I dare not move.

And so there I lay, frozen, staring at the ceiling.

***

"Ugh . . . " Ollie woke up with a groan.

I was already awake, alright. I don't think I even slept. "Good morning," I said with a smile.

He looked at me from across the room, dazed. "What the . . . "

"My ina made some soup. I snuck some for you." I held up a mug, sloshing with warm sinigang. "It could help with your hangover."

 I walked over and gave him the cup as he slowly sat up. He wearily took the smoking soup, his eyes glued to me. "Stephan . . . What's going on?"

I seemed to have chuckled, standing up again to my desk. "Ollie, do you really not remember anything?"

" . . . Shit. We didn't do anything last night . . . did we?"

"What? No!" I laughed and sat on my chair. Watching him with messy hair and that bewildered look made me blush. Even in a frenzy, he still makes my cheeks hot.

"Then . . . why am I on your bed?"

"Do you really not remember anything?"

He paused. "Should I?"

I leaned in. "You kissed me in front of your sister, Ollie."

" . . . " Ollie sat unblinking, eyes wide.

"I mean . . . "

"Fuck. Fuck! Fuck!!!" He hastily slammed his mug on my stand and threw himself on my bed, sheets wrapping him. "Shit! Fu–"