Chapter V - Hierophant

I sat beside Pandora the next day because my friends were running late. Maybe they got detention again cuz' Seth and Luka were missing.

"Good morning!" I greet.

"What's up?" She scoots to give me space.

I recall what I had witnessed last night. How Pandora and Seth full on assaulted— Wait. Who did she assault again? "What did you do to . . . uhm." I tried remembering his name.

"Who?" She asks.

"The boy with brown hair and uh, blue eyes."

"The Brunette Boy?"

I shrug. "Yeah, him."

She grins. "I locked him in the Library."

I raise my brows. "No, I know."

She bumps me. "Of course you do."

"Why'd you punch him?"

She freezes. "Sometimes, I never know when your watching."

I could sense her distrust. Looking back at it, I should've done something. " . . . "

She continues and replies. "You know why." She takes a bite out of a cookie, glancing at me.

I sigh. "Yeah."

"Did you let him out?"

She laughed. "No."

***

I was in English class as I saw TBB's seat empty. How did I know it was his seat? Professor Blair had to ask who was sitting there to mark him absent. Weird.

I was writing an essay on Russian culture before Innes nudged me.

"Hey," She lowered her voice to make sure our Professor wouldn't hear. "What country did you get?"

"Russia." I whisper back.

There was a spark of hope in her eyes. "You do mine. I'll do yours."

"What? Why???"

"I got the Philippines."

I smiled in mischief. "Deal."

We hopped on each others seats a switched computers.

"Just make my essay as shitty as you can." She tells me.

"And make mine as detailed as you can." I tease. "Of course, only if you could handle."

"Fuck off." She chuckles. Her body perks up as if she just remembered something. "Oh shit. Oh shit, yeah, I forgot to ask you."

I tilt my head. "Ask me what?"

"Luka asked me to ask you like . . . on the first day of classes what your bracelet looked like." She winces. "That was like a month ago but he said he might be able to find it for you."

I remember how I lost my bracelet on the first day of classes and told Luka about it in detention. Huh, he remembers. I smile, how thoughtful of him. "Oh. That's nice. It's red with gold beads on it."

She rolls her eyes, basically becoming a signature move of her's now. "Don't get soft with his actions. He's just a prefect. That's all."

"He cares for you, Innes. You know that." I gently nudge her shoulder. "Try being a little easier on him."

"Yeah, right."

I can't help but to ask: "Why are you so hard on him? He seems like a good brother."

She takes a deep breath. "Ever since he got his stupid Prefect badge, he always tells me don't do this, don't do that. It's tiring sometimes."

Luka is a good brother. But I must admit, Innes' right.