Chapter XXXIV - "Can you dance?"

I led him to the dancefloor as a downturned smirk melted on Ollie's rosy lips.

Old classics played in the speakers as lovers twirled. My hand gently found its way to Ollie's waist while his hand pressed against my shoulder.

Our eyes locked. I was smiling like there was no tomorrow.

"You look happy." He teased.

That didn't stop me from blushing. "I'm happier than the happiest man on earth."

"That's cute." He pauses. "You're cute."

He held my free hand as our feet waltzed like an old couple.

I struggled with the slow dance's elegance. I didn't quite . . . practice.

Ollie noticed me stepping on myself. "You didn't take the Waltz classes, did you?"

"I- . . . Well," I winced at my attempt. But he simply giggled. Oh, how that relieved me. Yet for a reason I can't point, his laugh was all I could hear. Head empty. Just he and I. Dancing alone.

"You're the most handsome boy I've met all night, Stephan Dragus." He uttered, slowly giving me his sultry look. Was he . . . flirting?

Our faces were inches apart and I just . . . I just could kiss him right there and then. "Ollie Blossom, you know those words are my weakness."

He smiles. "What did I do?"

"Make me blush."

The classical melody suddenly came to a halt as the mic tapped. Heads turned to see our host grinning at the crowd.

"Hello, everybody!" He points at us. "Want a piece of pop for your old soul? Give it up for Frankenstein's Dolls!"

Behind him was our school band. A pretty girl with striped hair, a boy with freckles, another with brown skin and braids, and Touma. He seemed pissed. His nose was stuck with a bandaid as his jaw clenched.

"Ooo," Seth snickered at him, covering his sly smirk with his knuckles.

I saw Touma clench his fist, squeezing his electric guitar.

The stripe-haired girl started playing the drums. And to our delightful surprise, it was the unmistakable intro of Whip It by DEVO. A guy beside me whooped as applause roared.

Touma strummed his guitar a bit too hard as he mouthed the lyrics. He was mad. He was mad at Seth.

By the time the braided boy sang, everybody ditched their slow dance to a fun, carefree breakdance.

"They're good!" I yelled, drowned out by the music.

"What???" Ollie yelled back.

"I said they're good!"

"Can you dance?"

He caught me off guard. Can I? "I-I think?!?"

Ollie let go of my hand and before I knew it, he was dancing. Legs shifting, he laughed, filling the room with his glee. He started pretending to pull me closer with a rope, to which I playfully stepped closer. Hand on me, he turned around and leaned his head back on my shoulder, peeking with a carefree charm. I was entranced.

I caught a glimpse of Molly, dancing exactly like her brother from across the room. I guess the twins rehearsed this.

Ollie tipped my chin, leading me to look at him. A smug tug of his lip appeared. Ah, I know that beautiful, breathless smile. He's planning something. "Wanna get out of here???"

Without a thought. Without a doubt.

"Yes!!!"

He laughed in delight and grabbed my hand, running through the dancefloor. I couldn't remember the last time I felt like flying.

And for the first time in my life, I actually feel like I might live through the night with a lover.