Chapter XIX - The Sun

Molly came back about half an hour later, face flushed. Ollie and I were sitting on a hospital bench at that time. She walked up to us and crossed her arms. It was clear she'd seen something.

"It's true. Luka's neck is fucked up. He can't speak. And he's still unconscious." Molly sighs and sits next to us. "It's pretty darn bloody. The nurse said he lost hearing for a few hours because of some fucked up reason."

My chest tightens with fright. It's real. There's really a homicidal bastard roaming around G.H. Academy. "W-what about Innes?"

She looks at the ground, avoiding anybody's gaze. She painfully replies. "She doesn't want to leave Luka."

Ollie knots his brows with worry and anxiety. "What . . . happened?"

" . . . " She tilts her head up and sighs. "I don't fuckin' know, man. But Innesa won't forgive herself cuz' she and Luka got into a fight right before . . . y'know."

"That's horrible . . . " I swallow down the fear closing in my throat. Luka was just 18. "Luka, Jane, TBB . . . what did they do to deserve such a gruesome crime?"

We were all too petrified to speak. It was all too much to take in.

"I'm terrified to my balls right now." Molly audibly whispers.

Ollie's face turns twisted. "Molly, for once, can you please speak properly?"

"I was there . . . " I realize before the twins could quarrel again. My fingers start to creep numb.

"What?"

"I was there. I was there after Luka was attacked. I saw Neon crying to Astra. No wonder . . . no wonder Astra was so mad after she caught me. She thought . . . I was The Hazard."

Ollie sits up to meet my eyes. " . . . Why would she think that?"

"B-because I was watching them. Who else would lurk in the shadows and watch them? She thinks I'm The Hazard."

"That's ridiculous."

"That's reasonable." Molly chimes.

Ollie resists the urge to smack her but defends me instead. "Did she see your face?"

Looking back at it, I don't think so. She only ever saw the back of my head. "I'm not sure . . . She may have seen me but I doubt it. It was dark."

"Let's just hope she didn't. If she did, you're probably gonna get inspected."

"By the police?"

"By the police."

"Oh my God." I press the lumps of my palms against my eyes, worrying I might go to jail. "This is horrible . . . I'm gonna go to jail."

Molly snorts a sad chuckle. "If you were, you would be at the police station right now."

" . . . "

"Hey, cheer up." She stands from her seat and softly punches my shoulder. "The police don't suspect you. Everything's gonna be fine . . . I think."

I faintly smile. Being comforted by Molly wasn't a rare occasion. But she always managed to calm my nerves with her honest sarcasm. "Thank you."

***

I returned back home and threw myself onto my bed.

So to recap everything for you: I learned Luka has been attacked, found out his neck has been popped open and can't speak, and most horrifyingly, I found out I might just be caught in the middle of everything.

Just my luck.